Graduates in Class of 2022: 465
Graduation ceremony: Saturday, May 28, Now Arena
Valedictorian: Vanessa Pitsenbarger
Salutatorians: HeeRan Yang and Kaitlyn Esteban
Graduation Speaker: Jeslyn White, senior class president
Senior Class Officers: Jeslyn White, president; Ian Hernandez, vice president
Sabre Honor Medal (awarded by student then staff vote to an outstanding student):
Nicole Barcenas and Cristian Calderon
• John Lockard placed 1st in Descriptive Sketch at Lit Fest
• HOSA State Leadership conference winners are Diata Rodriquez for Dental Science, Kiley Rottman for Sports Medicine and Jeidy Salazar for Academic Testing in Leadership
• Upstate 8 Art Show -- Estefanni Munoz, Honorable Mention in Drawing; Yamilli Ruiz, Honorable Mention in Mixed Media/Printmaking; Noelle Love -- Honorable Mention in Sculpture
• U-46 VISION Show -- Noelle Love, First Place in 3D Art; Katheline Jaime, Second Place in 3D Art; Iyana Blake, First Place in Photography; Alex Salazar, Second Place in Mixed Media; Yamilli Ruiz. Second Place in Drawing.
• Chicagoland 4x5 -- Iyana Blake, Honorable Mention in Photography
• Technology and Manufacturing Association Precision Manufacturing Competition -- Trevor Costantino, first place in the Angle Plate project, second Place in the MTAC test pin project; Logan Montes, third place in Precision Vise Project.
• Melanie Feliciano and Diana Torres both were recognized as All-Sectional for our Group Interp (A Series of Unfortunate Events). They were also the leads of our musical (Disenchanted!) that was selected to perform at the Illinois High School Theatre Festival this past year.
• Mike Estrada, football, All Conference, All State Honorable Mention; two-way player, playing both offense and defense and special teams.
• "Disenchanted" (Fall)
• "Puffs" (Winter)
• "Our Town" (Spring)
• "A Series of Unfortunate Events" (Group Interp)
Senior Class gift: Bike Racks
What was new in 2021-22: Upgrades to our Auditorium
What challenges did the Class of 2022 face as they returned to in-person school full time, and how did they overcome them:
Trying to learn to be a student in-person once again and work collaboratively with peers; teachers spent time creating a sense of community and working on activities to build and engage their collaboration skills.