Graduates in Class of 2021: 64
Graduation ceremony: Baccalaureate Mass, May 19, Fr. Edward Seisser Gymnasium; Graduation, May 19, St. Patrick Church, St. Charles.
Co-Valedictorians: John Heffelfinger and Daniel Schuck
Salutatorian: Delaney Nolan
Senior Class Officers: Isabella Kirkwood, President; Ryan Mamrot, Vice President; Max Kaufman, Treasurer; Connor Graf, Clerk.
• Illinois State Scholars: Louis Banet, Jacob Breier, Lily Burger, Jeric Cacal, Emma Eisen, Connor Graf, John Heffelfinger, Ryan Mamrot, Donovan Powers, Sophia Scheider.
• 2022 National Merit Scholarship Program Finalist: Daniel Schuck
• National Honor Society: Olivia Brown, Jeric Cacal, Kate Draftz, Emma Eisen, Connor Graf, John Heffelfinger, Max Kaufman, Ashley Mahute, Ryan Mamrot, Delaney Nolan, Karen Perez, Madison Sobota, Sophia Scheider, Kailey Treiber, Francesca Ventimiglia.
• Top 10% of Senior Class: Jeric Cacal, Emma Eisen, Connor Graf, John Heffelfinger, Delaney Nolan, Daniel Schuck.
• International Thespian Society: Isabella Kirkwood
• Sons of the American Revolution Outstanding Citizenship Award: Robert Wilson
• St. Timothy Award: Louis Banet, Kailey Treiber
• Cecile Baier Memorial Scholarship: Isabella Kirkwood
• Charlotte Wetzel Memorial Scholarship: Kailey Treiber
• Claudia Warner Award: Sophia Scheider
• Greg True Award: Robert Wilson
• Margaret Ollayos Award: Sophia Scheider
• Reverend Schneider Scholarship Award: Sam Birdsell
• Evans Scholarship: Charlie McQueeny
• Bunge's Tire & Auto Trade School Scholarship: Sam Birdsell
• Club Guadalupano Scholarship: Alexa Alfaro, Max Kaufman, Karen Perez, Cameron Sauceda
• Dundee Township Rotary Scholarship: John Heffelfinger
• Elgin Rotary Club Scholarships: Lily Burger, Delaney Nolan, Kailey Treiber
• Fox Valley Bauer Arts Scholarship: Danny Schuck, Gabby May
• The Mares Family Foundation Scholarship: Gabby May
• Elgin Sports Hall of Fame Scholarships: Brooke Biggins, Max Kaufman, Delaney Nolan, Sophia Scheider, Robert Wilson.
• St. Edward Booster Club Outstanding Senior Male Scholar Athlete Award: Max Kaufman
• St. Edward Booster Club Outstanding Senior Female Scholar Athlete Award: Sophia Scheider
• St. Edward Booster Club "3 Sports for 4 Years" Student Athlete Awards: Max Kaufman, Delaney Lutzow, Delaney Nolan, Kyle West.
• The 2021-22 St. Edward Ladywave Basketball Team ended their season as Metro-Suburban Conference (MSC) champions with the hottest hands in the conference resulting in a 15-game winning streak. Most notably, every varsity player was also awarded Academic All-Conference honors.
What was new in 2021-22:
Plans to build a $5 million performing arts center were made possible by a very generous donation from St. Edward CCHS alumni Geoff Fox and Robert Fox. The future Fox Family Performing Arts Center will further foster students' imagination and creativity with a state-of-the-art theater space and equipment.
After a two-year hiatus, the St. Edward CCHS Drama Club conducted a live spring musical performance of "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" to a record crowd on Friday, April 29.
What were the significant challenges faced by the Class of 2021 as they returned to in-person school full time and how did they overcome them: Seniors started the 2021-22 school year committed to academics with full time, in-person learning after hybrid learning during their junior year at height of the pandemic. Everyone remained engaged in the learning process as all 64 students successfully advanced through their yearlong, senior-level curriculum to graduate together as the Class of 2022.
Principal's reflections on the Class of 2022: Congratulations Class of 2022! You are a class that excels in many different areas especially academics, athletics, and the arts. You have generously shared a variety of your gifts and talents with our school community and demonstrated perseverance by achieving your goals, and graduating today, despite having to navigate the many unknowns of this worldwide pandemic. I commend you and will continue to pray for God's blessing upon each of you as you continue on your life's journey.
-- Principal Brian Tekampe