Graduates in Class of 2022: 518
Graduation ceremony: Sunday, May 22, Addison Trail High School
Graduation Speakers: Enzo Ciaccia and Mateo Gomez
Class Officers: Fernando Padua, president; Lindsay Stevenson, vice president; Madelyn Ford, publicity.
• 35 Illinois State Scholars
• 38 Presidential Awards for Educational Excellence
• Two National Merit Commended Scholars: Lindsay Stevenson and Hannah Zacharia
• Business Professionals of America state/national qualifiers: Lindsay Stevenson, Salvatore Culotta, Sabrina Culotta, Luis Rodriguez.
• Illinois Music Education Association musicians: John Pinns, Fernando Padua
• Cindy Nakhammouane and Maria Martinez, Drama All State
• First ATHS all girls wrestling team this year and hosted the first West Suburban Conference all girls wrestling meet. ATHS had two girls state qualifiers, JD Quijano and Autumn Oregon-Williams.
• Boys wrestling: Seth Skamra state qualifier
• Fall -- "Trap" by Stephen Gregg
• Winter -- "Mamma Mia!!"
• Spring -- William Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
What was new in 2021-22:
Esports (placed third in the inaugural IHSA State E-Sports competition); Social-Emotional Space "Living Room" where students could have a safe space to access; Administration: Principal Jack Andrews; Assistant Principal for Curriculum and Instruction Michael Warren; Puentes- English Learner Mentor Program; SuperFan App to build community/school engagement, earn points by attending events; Outdoor Homecoming Pep Rally and Superstars Physical Education Week Assembly
Principal's reflections on the Class of 2022:
Addison Trail High School Class of 2022 Seniors may be one of the most resilient and passionate graduating classes of all time. Having gone through the challenges of our world these past few years and still coming out on top shows just how incredibly unbreakable they are. The Class of 2022 was tasked with leading our school back to it's pre-pandemic excellence and they surpassed all expectations.
Our school motto this year was "ALL TOGETHER" to signify us being back in the physical school building, to signify that ALL students/staff belong in our school, and that the only way to rise up out of this pandemic was to do so TOGETHER. Congratulations to the Class of 2022!
-- Principal Jack Andrews