Summer Camps Offer Ways to Play Every Day!
Make memories while staying active and engaged at Northbrook Park District Summer Camps!
A 10% discount is available for most camps through Friday, March 24.
Included in the summer 2023 lineup are camps focusing on sports, performing arts, golf and outdoor play. Camps are open to ages 5-15, with a preschool camp available for ages 3-5. The District is also offering summer school extension camps, as well as pre- and post-season camps to coordinate with various school start and end dates.
"Our staff are excitedly planning for another summer of camp with the Northbrook Park District," said Erin Sweet, superintendent of Arts and Recreation for the Northbrook Park District. "With the variety of offerings for a great value, we are looking forward to providing a summer experience to remember."
Upcoming camps include:
• Summer Warm-Up (ages 5-13): Jump into summer with this pre-season camp featuring crafts, sports and games. Located at Northbrook Leisure Center.
• Summer Kickoff Sports Camp (ages 5-13): Start summer off right with a variety of fun sports and sports-related games and activities. Located at Techny Prairie Activity Center.
• Camp Sunshine (ages 3-5): Preschoolers will join in arts and crafts, sports, games and scavenger hunts based on daily themes. Located at Northbrook Leisure Center.
• Kaleidoscope Kids (ages 5-7): Enjoy activities, games, arts and crafts and outdoor play in a classic camp atmosphere with regular field trips. Located at Hickory Point School.
• Little Champions (ages 5-7): Campers learn the importance of teamwork and good sportsmanship, participate in swim lessons and go on regular field trips. Located at Greenbriar Elementary School.
• Sports Mania Camp (ages 8-10): Campers will participate in a variety of sports, special events and structured tournaments. Located at Techny Prairie Activity Center.
• Summer Escapades (ages 8-10): Enjoy activities, games, arts and crafts and outdoor play in a classic camp atmosphere. Located at Shabonee Elementary School.
• Skate and Dance Camp (Ages 5-15): Campers learn routines and practice both dance and skating skills before performing and end of session recital for family. Located at Northbrook Sports Center.
• Hockey Training Academy (Ages 5-12): Campers focus on on-ice and off-ice skills while also enjoying a classic camp atmosphere with swimming, games and more. Coached by the Northbrook Hockey League staff. Located at Northbrook Sports Center.
• Theatre Arts Workshop (Ages 8-14): Campers are involved in the creative process of plot, characters, costumes and props and will produce a different production each session. Located at Northbrook Leisure Center.
• Counselors in Training (ages 14-15): Participate in Northbrook Camps while learning to mentor, program and troubleshoot through issues all while training to become a camp counselor. CIT will be located at various camp locations.
• Northbrook Golf Academy Camps (ages 5-15): Youth golfers receive personalized instruction with staff from Heritage Oaks Golf Club and Anetsberger Golf Course to grow a love of the game while improving skills.
• Awesome August (ages 5-13): Extend the summer fun with an extra week or two of camp! Enjoy exciting activities, outdoor play, arts, crafts and games. Located at Village Green.
Summer School Extension Camps:
• Afternoon Adventures (ages 5-13): Students enrolled in school district's Math or Reading Intervention program can extend their school day with an afternoon of fun. Activities include outdoor and indoor games and sports in an engaging day camp atmosphere. Located at Shabonee Elementary School.
• Beyond the Bell (ages 6-12): Enjoy arts and crafts, games and themed activities, with bus transportation from Westmoor School and Maple Junior High School. Located at Northbrook Junior High.
Questions can be directed to (847) 291-2993 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete camp descriptions and online registration are available at nbparks.org.
Established in 1927, Northbrook Park District's Mission is to enhance the community by providing outstanding services, parks and facilities through environmental, social and financial stewardship.