COD College Theater to put on 'Ocean 9-1-1' at local libraries and on campus
College of DuPage College Theater presents "Ocean 9-1-1" on the college's Glen Ellyn campus, 425 Fawell Blvd., and at area locations this summer.
An original screenplay developed by COD Theater students, in "Ocean 9-1-1," something is wreaking havoc in the little seaside town of Oceanside. The Beach Bum Investigative Team is planning a trip to the shoreline in town when a phone call to the team's clubhouse arrives with a desperate cry for help. Then, the phone goes dead. How will the hometown heroes solve the mystery when they can't go near the water? In this family friendly play, everyone becomes a detective.
Campus performances are at 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, July 16-17, in the MAC's outdoor Lakeside Pavilion. Guests are invited to bring a blanket, chair and picnic.
Community performances include:
• Monday, June 27 at 7 p.m. at Helen Plum Library, 110 W. Maple St., Lombard
• Tuesday, June 28 at 10 a.m. at Indian Boundary YMCA, 711 59th St., Downers Grove
• Tuesday, June 28 at 6 p.m. at Cantigny Park, 1S151 Winfield Road, Wheaton;
• Wednesday, June 29 at 7 p.m. at Oak Brook Public Library, 600 Oak Brook Road;
• Friday, July 8 at 7 p.m. at La Grange Public Library, 10 W. Cossitt Ave.
• Tuesday, July 12 at 10 a.m. at Winfield Public Library, 0S291 Winfield Road;
• Wednesday, July 13 at 7 p.m. at Wheaton Public Library, 225 N. Cross St.
The cast includes Reet Bhasin (Woodridge), Rowan Brando (Naperville), Ryan Castiglia (West Chicago), Calvin Fleming (Villa Park), Michael Guzman (Glen Ellyn), Sianna Hoover (Carol Stream), Kaya Luckey (Warrenville), Alyson Meyers (Warrenville), Madeline Stone (Bartlett) and Edward Szklanecki (Glendale Heights).
Amber Mitchell (Warrenville) directs with stage management by Kailey Nelson (Aurora). Costumes are designed by Kim Morris (Wheaton) with sets/property design by Sabrina Zeilder (Aurora) and sound design by Fisher Parsons (Chicago).
Support for College of DuPage Theater is made possible by a generous gift from The College of DuPage Foundation's Dr. Donald and Helen (Gum) Westlake Fund for Student Productions.
Learn more about "Ocean 9-1-1" at www.atthemac.org/events/ocean-911/.
The Lakeside Pavilion Summer Series outdoor performances showcasing some of DuPage County's best shows and concerts.
Learn more about Lakeside Summer Series at the MAC: www.atthemac.org/lakeside-pavilion/