Local Jewish genealogists to share family history research tips, anecdotes, discoveries
The Jewish Genealogical Society of Illinois will hold a virtual "Kvell and Tell" live streaming session in which selected members share family history research tips and findings at 2 p.m. CDT, Sunday, June 26, 2022. The varied, entertaining and informative short "Kvell and Tell" talk topics relate to Jewish genealogy or family history research methods, anecdotes or discoveries. Register/RSVP at: https://jgsi.org/Events-calendar
This meeting also features a brief annual report from JGSI's co-presidents, Debbie Kroopkin and Wendy Hauser. A separate JGSI members-only online genealogy question-and-answer discussion time, with separate registration, will start at 1 p.m.
Kvell and Tell presentation topics relate to Jewish genealogy or family history research methods, anecdotes or discoveries. Possible "Kvell and Tell" topics might include (but are not limited to) the following:
• A notable event in your family history and how you discovered it
• The creative way you are sharing your family history with relatives
• A research tool that has been most helpful in learning about your family history
• How taking a DNA test has added new perspectives about your genealogy
• What family history mystery, puzzle or quandary are you still trying to solve
• How to plan for a family reunion or other genealogy themed gathering
•How to publish or otherwise share your family history
• What did you learn about your family from the 1950 U.S. Census
• How has a recent family history discovery or tool added previously unknown relatives to your family tree
The Jewish Genealogical Society of Illinois is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping members collect, preserve, and perpetuate the records and history of their ancestors. JGSI is a resource for the worldwide Jewish community to research their Chicago-area roots. The JGSI motto is "Members Helping Members Since 1981." The group has more than 300 members and is affiliated with the International Association of Jewish Genealogical Societies.
JGSI members have access to useful and informative online family history research resources, including a members' forum, more than 65 video recordings of past speakers' presentations, monthly JGSI E-News, quarterly Morasha JGSI newsletter, and much more. Members as well as non-members can look for their ancestors on the free searchable JGSI Jewish Chicago Database.