Montini Catholic names newest members of Tri-M music honor society
Montini Catholic Music Director Donnie Glowinski congratulated and announced the newest members of the Bronco Tri-M (Music) Honor Society.
The students received their ovations earlier this fall during their Fall Music Concert in October.
The Tri-M Music Honor Society's (the three "M" initials stand for Modern Music Masters) purpose is to inspire music participation, create enthusiasm for scholarship, stimulate a desire to render service, and promote leadership in the music students of secondary schools.
Candidates for membership are selected from school music students that exhibit exceptional scholarship, leadership, service, and character. They must have been enrolled in a school-sponsored music ensemble and/or class for at least one semester of the current school year and must have maintained for the previous semester at least an "A" average grade or equivalent in music, with at least a "B" average grade or equivalent in other academic subjects.
Service roles in both school and community as well as character are also considered when members are selected.
• Armoni Butts (freshman, Hillside/MacArthur Middle School);
• Katherine Filkowski (freshman, Carol Stream/Stratford Middle School);
• Isabella Gleason (freshman, Downers Grove/St. Mary of Gostyn School);
• Isabella Jaojoco (freshman, Bolingbrook/St. Scholastica);
• Miguel Jaojoco (senior, Bolingbrook/St. Scholastica);
• Grace Rostello (senior, Forest Park/Forest Park Middle School);
• Ken Sledzinski (junior, Westmont/Holy Trinity);
• Francesca Spizzirri (junior, Oak Brook/Immaculate Conception);
• Olivia Weiland (freshman, Villa Park/St. Pius X Parish School).