Naperville Park District invites donations to the Pennies for Pies Drive Nov. 1-19
The Naperville Park District invites donations to the 15th annual Pennies for Pies drive from Nov. 1-19.
From its inception in 2006, the goal of the "Pennies for Pies" campaign has been to encourage the community to make donations of any amount -- including pocket change -- to help fund the purchase of pumpkin pies to benefit residents in need through Loaves & Fishes Community Services. Donations may be made in person at select park district facilities or online at www.napervilleparks.org by clicking on "online registration" and then "donations."
Donations may be dropped off in person at the following locations:
• Fort Hill Activity Center, 20 Fort Hill Drive, open 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. weekdays, 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, and 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday;
• Alfred Rubin Riverwalk Community Center, 305 W. Jackson Ave., open 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays;
• Knoch Knolls Nature Center, 320 Knoch Knolls Road, open 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday to Saturday;
• Springbrook Golf Course golf shop, 2220 W. 83rd. St., open 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily;
• Naperbrook Golf Course golf shop, 22204 W. 111th St., Plainfield, open 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily.
The park district preschool classrooms also will be collecting donations for pies. The idea for the drive came from the preschools to help teach children that small donations can add up to provide something larger.
In 2020, community donations helped to fund the purchase of 120 pies. The pies purchased from donations this year will be delivered to Loaves & Fishes to help make Thanksgiving dinner more enjoyable and memorable for families in need in our community.