Outdoor fun returns to Schaumburg's Town Square
Music and movement events hosted by the Schaumburg Township District Library will return to Schaumburg's Town Square this summer.
The limited series will include five concerts and three nights of Sunset Yoga. To maintain social distancing, registration will be required for each event. Registration will open at 9 a.m. Saturday, May 15, and can be completed online at SchaumburgLibrary.org or by calling (847) 923-3347.
Required health and safety measures for Town Square events will include wearing masks for anyone ages 2 and older and keeping a six-foot distance from other participants.
The library has scheduled the following events in Town Square this summer:
• The Messengers will play a variety of modern, classic rock, country and Americana music from 6:45-8:15 p.m. Monday, June 7.
• Sunset Yoga will be led by instructor Marti Lahood from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Thursdays, June 10; July 8; and Aug. 12.
• The Donna Herula Trio is scheduled to perform acoustic blues, roots and Americana from 6:45-8:15 p.m. Monday, June 21.
• The Throwbacks will fill the air with classic oldies from the 1950s and '60s from 6:45-8:15 p.m. Monday, July 5.
• The Del Bergeson Orchestra, a 13-piece big band, will entertain with music from Glenn Miller to the Electric Slide from 6:45-8:15 p.m. Monday, July 19.
• Kaleidoscope Eyes, a Beatles tribute band, will perform from 6:45-8:15 p.m. Monday, Aug. 2.
The Schaumburg Township District Library and its branches in Hoffman Estates and Hanover Park are open to the public with limited hours and capacity.
Visit SchaumburgLibrary.org for details or call (847) 985-4000.