Prep Football | Groark, Brigham find connection with QB Grace at Rolling Meadows
It wasn't just plug and play, but the connection at Rolling Meadows has been electric. Wide receivers Ethan Groark and Michael Brigham have played football on the same youth team in Rolling Meadows, together since they were 5 years old. But after the spring season the pair, who were juniors at that time, needed a new quarterback for their senior season. Junior Evan Grace has stepped into the starting role quite nicely.
Prep Sports | Boys soccer: Fremd offense explodes in sectional win over StevensonFremd stole the show in an electric 12-minute offensive display of soccer which produced a four-goal explosion for the top-seeded Vikings (17-2-1), who went on to defeat No. 5 Stevenson 5-1 Tuesday night in a sectional semifinal game at Hildebrandt Field in Palatine.
Prep Football | Early-season challenges have paid off for AntiochIn recent years, Antioch has enjoyed a run of high notability among northern Illinois football teams. Since 2016, the Sequoits have gone 40-9, making the playoffs all five years they were offered during that time span (Remember, the 2021 COVID-19-induced spring season had no playoffs). The Sequoits' success in the Northern Lake County Conference also has been well-documented. Coming into this year ,Antioch had won the conference every year since the circuit started play in 2015.
Prep Sports | Girls volleyball: Glenbrook South in control against PalatineGlenbrook South trailed for only 1 point in its entire Class 4A regional girls volleyball opener on Tuesday night in Northbrook and now the Titans will point for Thursday's Glenbrook North championship match against the host and No. 4 seeded Spartans (24-7). The No. 6 Titans (17-14) steadily built leads in each set and earned a 25-17, 25-16 over No. 12 Palatine.
Prep Football | Balanced attack big key to Batavia's successHere's a look at some of the Fox storylines with the regular season coming to an end and the playoffs beginning, including some impressive numbers at Batavia and South Elgin, Larkin back in the postseason for the first time since 2006, and a look back at the seasons at West Aurora, Streamwood and St. Edward.
Prep Football | Taking a look at possible playoff X-factors for DuPage County teamsIt's been a true team effort to help elevate Dennis Mandala's game. But it's paying major dividends for the IC Catholic Prep football team. The Knights were top ranked in Class 3A most of this season, though they did sustain a tough loss to St. Francis 19-7 last Friday. They are 8-1 overall and won the Metro Suburban Blue with a 5-0 record, all behind Mandala, a sophomore quarterback.
Prep Sports | Boys soccer: Barrington ends Mundelein's runA disastrous quarter hour would end up dashing the hopes of No. 13 seed Mundelein extending its postseason hot streak when No. 2 Barrington fired in three early goals en route to a 4-1 victory Tuesday night in the second Class 3A Fremd boys soccer sectional semifinal contest at Hildebrandt Field in Palatine.
Prep Football | Here are the first-round pairings for the IHSA state football playoffs, with game days and timesHere are the first-round pairings for the IHSA state football playoffs, with game days and times.
Prep Sports | Girls volleyball: South Elgin's Worden commits to IowaWhen South Elgin junior volleyball standout Alyssa Worden sat down to decide on college, she had some pros and cons of several schools to consider. For the University of Iowa, their list of pros went on and on and on.
Prep Sports | Boys soccer: Getzinger's goal lifts Crystal Lake over CarmelNolan Getzinger's goal was all Crystal Lake South needed as the Gators defeated Carmel, 1-0, Tuesday night in the Class 2A Vernon Hills boys soccer sectional semifinal at Rust-Oleum Field. The top-seeded Gators will face No. 3 Grayslake Central (12-6-2) at noon Saturday in the title game. The winner of that advances to the Grayslake Central supersectional at 7 p.m. next Tuesday.
Prep Sports | Girls volleyball: Kaneland shakes off slow startAfter a highly uncharacteristic first set loss, MacKenzie Ewen, Kaneland's senior libero, helped kickstart the Knights for a 9-0 run in the third set of Tuesday's Class 3A regional semifinal to pull away from Glenbard South 19-25, 25-11, 25-9. The Knights (32-3) have a date with Interstate Eight Conference rival Sycamore, who defeated Fenton in two sets in Tuesday's other semifinal, to decide the regional title on Thursday. The Knights won both regular season matches with Sycamore.
Prep Football | Football / Top 20Maine South is the new No. 1 team in the Daily Herald final regular season football Top 20 rankings.
Prep Sports | Boys soccer: Marynevych, Grayslake Central blank Vernon HillsDaniel Marynevych has been a catalyst and has provided the goal-scoring for Grayslake Central in the postseason. The junior stepped up again with a pair of goals and only played the second half, which lifted third-seeded Grayslake Central past No. 2 Vernon Hills 2-0 in the Class 2A Vernon Hills sectional boys soccer semifinal on Tuesday night in Vernon Hills.
- 2:13 PMDefensive coordinator Barry won't join Packers in Arizona
- 2:03 PMEarly-season challenges have paid off for Antioch
- 1:32 PMGroark, Brigham find connection with QB Grace at Rolling Meadows
- 1:23 PMWhite to start for Jets vs. Bengals for injured Wilson
- 1:10 PMNo. 24 Coastal Carolina looks rebound vs Troy after loss
More Prep Sports
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Lopez's spectacular goal sparks Naperville Central
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Marmion edges Sycamore to reach sectional final
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Benet advances with PK win
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Oswego ends Batavia's season
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Top seed York adjusts, beats West Chicago
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Cary-Grove knocks out Vernon Hills
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: St. Charles East sweeps Hampshire
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Konopka, Glenbrook North oust Mundelein
- Prep SportsCross country: Several DuPage and Fox storylines to follow heading into sectionals
- Prep SportsCross country: Grant's Negovetich seeks 4th straight sectional title
- Prep SportsCross country: Furlong, Barrington set the pace heading into sectionals
- Prep SportsSoftball: Buffalo Grove's Craig headed to Oklahoma State
- Prep FootballHere are the pairings for the IHSA state football playoffs
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Timothy Christian advances to 1A supersectional
- Prep FootballWauconda (9-0) leads 8 Lake County teams into playoffs
Inside Prep Sports