Prep Sports | Not all spring coaches happy with new schedule
Spring sports coaches react to new schedule.
Columns | The IHSA's new prep sports plan -- some pros and consThere are pros and cons to the new IHSA prep sports plan. After a few days of reflection, it's time to break it down.
Prep Football | Answering some key questions about state's plan for high school sportsWe don't have all the answers to your questions about the IHSA's new plan for prep sports, but we'll do our best.
News | IHSA moves football, girls volleyball, boys soccer seasons to springThe Illinois High School Association board of directors voted on Wednesday to move the football, girls volleyball and boys soccer seasons to spring.
Prep Football | PODCAST: Tailgating with Dave and KevinPODCAST: On this special edition of Tailgating with Dave and Kevin we talk to Naperville North athletic director Bob Quinn about the new IHSA return-to-play plan.
Prep Football | 'I'm torn': IHSA officials have concerns about working during pandemicThere was a shortage of IHSA officials before the COVID-19 pandemic. Now, considering many officials are in the high-risk age for contracting the coronavirus, there figures to be even fewer willing to step back on a field or court anytime soon, electronic whistle in hand.
Columns | 'We really don't want this season taken away from us': Athletes, coaches wait for IHSA decisionThere's no question just how much Denin Limouris wants to play football for Glenbard West this fall. "We really don't want this season taken away from us," the Hilltoppers senior said. "We want to play and we want to go for that state championship."
Prep Football | Vernon Hills' Wiegold heading to Ball StateVernon Hills' Jackson Wiegold has committed to play football at Ball State.
Prep Football | Elgin's Memorial Field renovation nearing completionThe $4.6 million Memorial Field makeover is nearing completion.The renovation project on the grounds of Elgin High School that began in late March recently marked a milestone with the installation of the new turf field.
Prep Sports | 'I think it's a realistic schedule': Prep teams glad to still have seasonsFriday night lights are moving from August to March this year, which promises to be a strange sight on numerous levels. But schools are still planning to flip the switch.
- 12:30 AMMcDavid's hat trick propels Oilers past Blackhawks 6-3
- 12:21 AMMets beat Braves 7-2; Atlanta ace Soroka tears Achilles
- 12:10 AMLakers beat Jazz 116-108 to clinch top seed in West
- 12:09 AMCole wins 19th in row, beats Phils 6-3 in pinstripes debut
- 11:53 PMA's use big 5th inning to cruise past Mariners 11-1
More Prep Sports
- Prep SportsClubhouse Chatter: In light of MLB difficulties, should NFL cancel its season?
- Prep SportsClubhouse Chatter: In light of MLB difficulties, should NFL cancel season
- EditorialEditorial: IHSA directives help foster some prep sports dreams, but we must stay ready to adapt
- EducationState announces new restrictions for youth sports
- Prep SportsHere's five options for the IHSA to consider for prep sports
- Prep SportsRandall's first year in new gig at Elk Grove a memorable one
- Prep SportsIllinois Elementary School Association cancels fall sports season
- Prep FootballGolf league allows retired football coaches to have some fun
- Prep SportsTime is now for decision on high school sports
- Prep SportsIHSA prepared to delay 2020-21 high school sports season
- Prep FootballIHSA postpones board meeting, will meet with state agencies Friday
- Prep FootballTexas to delay high school football for big schools amid coronavirus pandemic
- Prep SportsRetired athletic trainers know challenges, say safety has to come first
- Prep SportsClubhouse Chatter: Question headline
- Prep SportsClubhouse Chatter: What famous sports venue would you like to visit?
Inside Prep Sports