Tuesday, June 6, 2023
Cubs | Cubs manager Ross ejected in 5-0 loss to Padres
The umpire's uber-wide strike zone seemed to only benefit Padres starter Blake Snell.
Latest Sports Videos
Bears | Blackhawks | Bulls | Cubs | White Sox
White Sox | Can White Sox keep rolling as rest of June schedule toughens up?The White Sox gained some needed confidence with a weekend sweep of the Tigers -- they're going to need it.
White Sox | Roaring fans, helping hands: Sox closer Hendriks ready to make more memoriesWhite Sox closer Liam Hendriks added two more sentimental baseballs to his stash last week.
Columns | Ziehm: Northwestern legend Luke Donald ramps up play ahead of Ryder CupHe tied for 38th in the PGA Tour's Memorial tournament in Ohio, his best finish in 11 starts this season.
Prep Sports | Softball: Benet shakes off slow start to win 1st supersectional since 2011After the first inning of Monday's Class 3A supersectional at Benedictine University, the Benet Academy softball wanted a mulligan, a chance to do things over.
Prep Sports | Softball: Mistakes cost Lake Park in supersectional setbackIn a season that saw so much go right for the Lake Park softball team, highlighted by last Friday's 3-2 win to knock out defending state champion St. Charles North, nothing seemed to go their way on the big stage Monday.
NHL | Vegas takes 2-0 lead in Stanley Cup series with 7-2 win over FloridaJonathan Marchessault scored twice and started an early blitz that chased the NHL's hottest goalie.
NHL | Report: Chelios let go from ESPN amid Disney job cutsThe former Blackhawk won't return as an in-studio analyst.
White Sox | 'Now is when I feel good with myself': Sox's Comas has no regrets about coming out as gayWhite Sox minor leaguer Anderson Comas has heard and read plenty of negative reactions since coming out as gay, but he has no regrets.
Blackhawks | The 10 worst decisions in Chicago sports historyJimmy Butler has had more success since being traded by the Bulls than the Bulls have had in the entire post-Jordan era. So that brings to mind, where does the Butler trade rank among the dumbest decisions in Chicago sports history.
Columns | Jim O'Donnell: Have Kevin Warren and the Bears found their golden crowbar in Naperville?When Bears president Kevin Warren met Naperville Mayor Scott Wehrli to discuss the possibility of a new Bears stadium in the giant west suburb, the password was "leverage." The Bears want an array of "tax certainties" and other gift-wrapped concessions before ownership commits to building on approximately one-third of the 326 acres that housed Arlington Park.
- 10:43 PMBaseball: Sloan's no-hitter launches York into state semifinals for first time since '93
- 10:35 PMBaseball: New Trier's 'perfect game' stops Stevenson in supersectionals
- 10:14 PMSoftball: Goodwin, Barrington repeat super win over Warren
- 9:42 PMSoftball: Schueler, Antioch headed back to state
- 9:27 PMBaseball: Rogers stars at the plate, on the mound for state-bound Grayslake Central
Recommended for You
- Prep SportsBaseball: New Trier's 'perfect game' stops Stevenson in supersectionals
- Prep SportsSuper Monday promises lots of super baseball, softball games
- Prep SportsBoys volleyball: Glenbard West repeats state championship
- Prep SportsSoftball: Goodwin, Barrington repeat super win over Warren
- Prep SportsBaseball: Rogers stars at the plate, on the mound for state-bound Grayslake Central
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Barrington just misses state title again
- Prep SportsBoys lacrosse: Wheaton Academy stops St. Viator for 1st state title
- Prep SportsBaseball: York staves off Batavia to win second consecutive Class 4A sectional title
- Prep SportsBaseball: Stevenson tops Hersey for sectional crown
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Benet falls short of state championship for second year in a row
- Prep SportsGirls lacrosse: Loyola starts strong, tops Hinsdale Central in state championship game
- Prep SportsBaseball: Schufreider silences Lake Forest in Grayslake Central's sectional win
- Prep SportsBaseball: Jacobs' 7th-inning comeback comes up just short
- Prep SportsBaseball: Bottom of the order helps Sycamore end Burlington Central's season in sectional final
- Prep SportsSoftball: Barrington capitalizes on unusual play, beats Huntley in sectional final