Gas meter fire leaves Round Lake Beach home uninhabitable

 
By Jonah Nink
Daily Herald correspondent
Updated 11/30/2022 9:59 PM

A home was left uninhabitable, but nobody was injured, after a fire in Round Lake Beach Wednesday, officials said.

Crews responded to a home on Walnut Drive around 3:20 p.m. after several calls about a fire, according to the Greater Round Lake Fire Protection District.

 

Flames were visible on one side of the home's exterior upon arrival, authorities said, and that a fire from an outside gas meter had spread into the home's basement.

All occupants had escaped by the time responders arrived. The fire is still under investigation.

0 Comments
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
 
Article Comments
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.