Smoke at Buffalo Grove school caused by equipment malfunction

 
By Griffin Krueger
Daily Herald correspondent
Updated 11/17/2022 5:25 PM

Police and firefighters responded shortly before 1 p.m. Thursday to a report of smoke coming out of the vents at Joyce Kilmer Elementary School in Buffalo Grove.

Fire Chief Mike Baker said the smoke was traced back to an equipment malfunction. Students and faculty were able to return to the building to finish the school day, he said.

Go to comments: 0 posted
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
 
Article Comments
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the "flag" link in the lower-right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.