Three suffer minor injuries in Elgin fire

 
By Isabella Grosso
Daily Herald correspondent
Updated 7/2/2022 8:31 PM

A house fire broke out just after 10 a.m. Saturday on the 200 block of Mosley Street in Elgin. Two firefighters and one resident were taken to Advocate Sherman Hospital with minor injuries, according to a news release.

Heavy smoke was seen coming out of the attic, and the fire was in the kitchen walls, the news release said.

 

The fire was put out within 30 minutes. Damage was estimated at $300,000. The building is not inhabitable.

The fire is thought to be accidental but remains under investigation.

0 Comments
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
 

Get articles sent to your inbox.

Article Comments
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.