Reports: Seven hospitalized after acid spill at Harvard food plant
Seven workers at a Harvard food and beverage processing plant in Harvard were hospitalized Tuesday following an acid spill, according to multiple media reports.
ABC 7 Chicago is reporting the injuries were not considered life-threatening, but the workers were transported to three different hospitals in the area.
The spill occurred just after 10 p.m. at the plant on the 6300 block of Maxon Road.
Harvard Fire Protection District officials said the workers accidentally combined the wrong chemicals to clean up a small spill.
The building was ventilated and a plant official told ABC 7 operations had resumed at the site.