Man dies from smoke inhalation after Aurora house fire
A 38-year-old man has died from injuries he sustained in a fire Sunday in Aurora.
Marco A. Terrell suffered severe smoke inhalation and did not regain consciousness, officials said. An autopsy is scheduled to be done Wednesday by the Kane County coroner's office.
The fire remains under investigation by police and fire officials. No cause has been determined.
The fire was reported at 6:12 a.m. Several people were trapped in the two-story, two-unit house. Police saw people hanging out of two second-story windows, found a ladder in the backyard and helped five people escape.
Firefighters found Terrell in the basement. He was taken to a hospital but was removed from life support later that day.
A police officer who sustained minor smoke inhalation is back to work.
A GoFundMe.com fundraising account called "Help Victims of Jackson Street Fire" has been established to aid the residents.