Two Naperville teens charged in threat against Naperville Central
Two Naperville teens have been charged in last month's threat made against Naperville Central High School.
According to the Naperville Police Department, the juveniles, 15 and 16 years old, each were charged with disorderly conduct, a Class 4 felony. No additional information will be released about the suspects because they're minors. Police officials also said no details will be provided about the specific threat made on Oct. 19.
"As evidenced by this outcome, our department will fully investigate and pursue charges against anyone who makes a threat to the safety of our school communities," Naperville Police Chief Jason Arres said in a statement.
The incident came a day after an unspecified threat was made on Snapchat and forced the Naperville Unit District 203 and Indian Prairie Unit District 204 high schools to alter their schedules.
The New York Police Department charged a New York teen with aggravated harassment in connection with an Oct. 15 threat against Naperville North. The Naperville Police Department continues to investigate a Sept. 22 bomb threat made against Naperville North.