Lincolnshire celebrates the holidays with a socially-distanced Santa Drive-Thru
The village of Lincolnshire will host a socially-distanced "Holly Jolly Holiday Drive-Thru" event at village hall from 4:30-6:30 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 4.
The event will feature a variety of activities including:
• An appearance by Santa
• Letters to Santa drop off location
• Complimentary goody bags with sleigh bells, treats and DIY ornaments to the first 200 kids
• A lip sync battle by the The Jingle Johns: A Lighted Loo Experience
• Toys for Tots, Midwest Veterans Coat Closet and Vernon Township Food Pantry donation collections.
The event is free, open to the public and requires preregistration at:
Attendees registering for the Holly Jolly Holiday Drive-Thru must include their license plate number. Attendees should not arrive sooner than five minutes before their ticketed time of entry. Attendees will enter the village hall parking lot from Olde Half Day Road, and should not exit their vehicle at any point. Village staff estimate it will take attendees 15-20 minutes to drive through the entire event.
The village of Lincolnshire, 1957, a Northern suburb of Chicago, is conveniently adjacent to the Tri-State Tollway. Lincolnshire is home to 7,300 residents, two nationally-recognized public school districts and more than 400 businesses -- a number of which are global headquarters and Fortune 500 companies.
• Submit 'Your News' at www.dailyherald.com/share.