US frustrates England again at a World Cup in 0-0 draw
The United States frustrated England in a 0-0 draw on Friday for its second consecutive tie in the World Cup.
Images: Shoppers hunt for Black Friday dealsShoppers hit brick and mortar stores looking for Black Friday deals across the country, Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg and Fox Valley Mall in Aurora.
Inflation hovers over shoppers seeking deals on Black FridayCautious shoppers hunted for the best deals at stores and online as retailers offered new Black Friday discounts to entice consumers eager to start buying holiday gifts but weighed down by inflation.
Russia rains missiles on recaptured Ukrainian cityNatalia Kristenko's dead body lay covered in a blanket in the doorway of her apartment building for hours overnight. City workers were at first too overwhelmed to retrieve her as they responded to a deadly barrage of attacks that shook Ukraine's southern city of Kherson.
Emboldened Biden, Dems pushing semi-automatic weapons banWhen President Joe Biden speaks about the "scourge" of gun violence, his go-to answer is to zero in on semi-automatic weapons. America has heard it hundreds of times, including this week after shootings in Colorado and Virginia: The president wants to sign into law a ban on high-powered guns that have the capacity to kill many people very quickly.
Musk plans to relaunch Twitter premium service, againElon Musk said Friday that Twitter plans to relaunch its premium service that will offer different colored check marks to accounts next week, in a fresh move to revamp the service after a previous attempt backfired.
Adidas investigates after ex-workers allege Ye misconductAdidas says it is investigating allegations of inappropriate workplace conduct by the rapper formerly known as Kanye West that ex-employees made in an anonymous letter also accusing the German sportswear brand of looking the other way.
Trial begins for 2 Swedes charged with spying for RussiaTwo Iranian-born Swedish brothers were on trial in Sweden Friday, charged with spying for Russia and its military intelligence service GRU for a decade.
In a special Thanksgiving Soapbox, Daily Herald editors offer brief expressions of their thankfulness in 2022.In a special Thanksgiving Soapbox, Daily Herald editors offer brief expressions of their thankfulness in 2022.
Nora Silvia joins College of DuPage as new director of nursingWith extensive experience overseeing nursing programs in higher education and in clinical settings, Nora Silvia is well-suited to serve as the new director of nursing in the Nursing and Health Sciences Division at College of DuPage.
'Swingin' into Christmas' with Naperville Chorus and Pete Ellman Big Band Dec. 9-10If you're looking for a concert to get you in the holiday spirit, come enjoy the Naperville Chorus presentation of "Swingin' into Christmas with the Pete Ellman Big Band."
- 7:48 PMDuPage County budget calls for property tax cut, $40 million surplus
- 7:24 PMMan charged with DUI, fleeing after hit-and-run in Bartlett
- 7:22 PMMan charged with possession of stolen car in Bartlett after pursuit
- 7:21 PMWilke Road in Arlington Heights closed for most of the day after truck knocks over traffic lights
- 6:44 PMBack to their old traditions: Shoppers fill suburban malls on Black Friday
- 5:30 PMSchaumburg Park District mourns death of longtime commissioner
- 5:02 PMAge isn't just a number. For this 103-year-old bowler, it's a score to beat.
More Suburban News
- SchaumburgSchaumburg Park District mourns death of longtime commissioner
- BartlettMan charged with possession of stolen car in Bartlett after pursuit
- NewsWilke Road in Arlington Heights closed for most of the day after truck knocks over traffic lights
- WaukeganWaukegan's Paul Klonowski helps keep Des Plaines River clean and healthy
- Prep FootballScouting Class 7A state championship game
- Girls' BasketballHersey tops Barrington in battle of coaching legends
- News'It keeps me going': Arlington Heights woman volunteers her Medicare, income tax expertise
- Sugar GroveSugar Grove woman busy organizing seniors, food pantry
- Kane County'Food can heal': Volunteers provide Thanksgiving meal for jail detainees recovering from addictions
- BartlettHow a former principal cultivates Wheaton nursing home's huge 'secret garden' full of lessons
- AuroraAurora mother thanks officers for their water rescue of son, caught on video
- Kane CountyDistrict 101 loan request rejected by slim margin; tight races for Kane County Board decided
- DuPage CountyDuPage County budget calls for property tax cut, $40 million surplus
- St. CharlesSt. Charles homeowners can expect small hike in city taxes
- AuroraUsher in winter at a seasonal light show