Lombard library reopens after gas scare

Daily Herald report
Updated 11/29/2017 2:01 PM

Lombard's library opened at its normal time Wednesday after a natural gas scare forced it to close early the night before.

Officials at the Helen M. Plum Memorial Library said several patrons and staff members smelled natural gas on Tuesday night, so the library at 110 W. Maple St. was closed as a safety precaution. A Nicor representative came to the building and gave library officials the all clear, which allowed the facility to reopen on Wednesday.


A repairman came to the library on Wednesday to inspect the system, officials said.

Go to comments: 0 posted
Article Comments
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the "flag" link in the lower-right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.