Town and Country Public Library notes
The youth service department at the Town and Country Public Library, 320 E. North St. in Elburn, offers another autumn packed with story times, classes, workshops, reference service, and programs. For information, call Dwayne Nelson at (630) 365-2244. Visit www.elburn.lib.il.us
• Enjoy Story Times at 10 a.m. Thursday and Friday for toddlers and preschool children. Nancy Shadle and Nancy Wolf lead these Story Times that start Sept. 11 and 12. Registration is required.
• For Book Character Story Times, two children's book characters will visit the library this fall - Biscuit at 11 a.m. Sept. 13 and Pancake Pig at 3 p.m. Nov. 7. Registration is required.
• Join Nancy Wolf as she leads the Kindergarten Readiness class this fall. This 15-week session starts Sept. 9, from 10 to 10:45 a.m. Registration is required.
• Students can read to dogs as part of a daily after school program in The Paws to Read program. Students come to the library once a week after school and read to one of the therapy dogs for about 15 to 20 minutes. Each student stays with one dog for the entire time they are in this reading program. Banjo, Britt, Brandee, Brody, Pally, Heike, Mona, and Jasper are therapy trained dogs you can read to after school. The purpose of this program is to help children begin to enjoy reading more. Registration is required.
•The Friends of the Library offer craft workshops for children. These workshops are held the second Saturday of the month from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Registration is required.
• Sign up for the American Red Cross Babysitter Workshop. Youth, age 11 or older, can learn to become a certified baby sitter. Register for the all-day babysitter workshop from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Oct. 13. Registration is required.
• Stop by the library to view the art projects completed by art teachers Bonnie Whildin and Heidi Gilkey's students at John Stewart Elementary School.
•At the Reference Desk, Dwayne Nelson is available Monday through Friday to help you with questions you may have about finding information for homework assignments.
• Got homework? Get help online from real tutors. Available through the library's Web site at: www.elburn.lib.il.us.
• Contact Dwayne Nelson if you would like to schedule a tour of Youth Services. Custom tours for classrooms, small groups and individuals are available.