'America is back': Biden pushes past Trump era with nominees
Declaring "America is back," President-elect Joe Biden introduced his national security team, his first substantive offering of how he'll shift from Trump-era "America First" policies by relying on experts from the Democratic establishment to be some of his most important advisers.
With hope high for vaccine, Britain prepares to roll it outWith major COVID-19 vaccines showing high levels of protection, British officials are cautiously -- and they stress cautiously -- optimistic that life may start returning to normal by early April.
Analysis: Biden prioritizes experience with Cabinet picksPresident-elect Joe Biden has prized staying power over star power when making his first wave of Cabinet picks and choices for White House staff, with a premium placed on government experience and proficiency as he looks to rebuild a depleted and demoralized federal bureaucracy.
Duchess of Sussex reveals she had miscarriage in the summerThe Duchess of Sussex has revealed that she had a miscarriage in July, giving a personal account of the traumatic experience in hope of helping others.
U.S. jobless claims rise to 778,000 as pandemic worsensThe number of Americans applying for unemployment benefits rose last week to 778,000, evidence that the U.S. economy and job market remain under strain as coronavirus cases surge and colder weather heighten the risks.
27 COVID deaths at Illinois vets nursing home prompts probeState officials have launched investigations into a coronavirus outbreak at a veterans nursing home in Illinois that has infected nearly 200 residents and staff members, and killed 27 veterans.
A migrant's odyssey from boat to COVID nursing job in SpainMbaye Babacar Diouf's life as a migrant in Europe took a turn for the better when he was adopted in Spain at the age of 28
Keep the mask: A vaccine won't end the U.S. crisis right awayDespite the expected arrival of COVID-19 vaccines in just a few weeks, it could take several months -- probably well into 2021 -- before things get back to something close to normal in the U.S. and Americans can once again go to the movies, cheer at an NBA game or give Grandma a hug.
Hong Kong leader lauds new security law despite criticismHong Kong leader Carrie Lam is lauding the city's new national security law as 'remarkably effective in restoring stability,' despite criticism that it is severely narrowing the space for free speech and political opposition in the semi-autonomous Chinese territory
Ethiopian leader rejects international 'interference' in warEthiopia's prime minister is rejecting growing international consensus for dialogue and a halt to deadly fighting in the country's Tigray region as 'unwelcome,' saying his country will handle the conflict on its own as a 72-hour surrender ultimatum runs out
China's Xi congratulates Biden, hopes for 'win-win' tiesChinese President Xi Jinping has congratulated U.S. President-elect Joe Biden and expressed hope for 'win-win cooperation' amid conflicts over trade, technology and security
- 11:30 AMUS-Senate-Sum,100
- 11:30 AMUS-House-Sum,100
- 11:30 AMUS-Pres-Sum,100
- 11:20 AMEU says first virus vaccinations possible by Christmas
- 10:55 AMVandals try to pull down Chicago park's McKinley statue
- 10:54 AM27 veterans die in COVID-19 outbreak at Illinois VA home
- 10:44 AMNJ man charged in $1.7M theft of armored car outside casino
More Suburban News
- SchaumburgRoof fire at Schaumburg IKEA causes brief evacuation
- SchaumburgSchaumburg police ask for help finding 37-year-old woman
- NewsGlenbard District 87 will finish the semester with remote learning
- WheatonDuPage County Board OKs $483.3M budget for fiscal 2021
- GurneeGet in the holiday spirit at Six Flags Great America
- McHenry CountyMcHenry County businesses that violate COVID-19 rules could avoid court under proposal
- Villa ParkCOVID-19 testing sites in DuPage adapt to winter weather
- GurneeCheryl Rabine remembered as passionate philanthropist, devout Catholic and devoted mother, wife
- RoselleRoselle businessman to fill village trustee vacancy
- NewsLibertyville District 70 swears in new board member
- DuPage CountyCar chase through Darien, Burr Ridge ends with crash into 2 police cars
- RoselleRoselle plans ballot question on marijuana sales, distribution in town
- WayneWayne police investigating residential burglary
- GenevaGeneva won't issue tickets for disobeying Pritzker's COVID-19 orders
- St. Charles'Freedom Corridor' honoring veterans taking shape in St. Charles
Testing lines, Santa visits, great weather golfing and turkey giveaways are in The Week in Pictures photo gallery for November 7-20, 2020.
Through the Film Magnifier: Glen Campbell, Steve Garvey, Globetrotters, Scrabble tournaments and more
We experienced incredible moments in The Week in Pictures photo gallery for October 31-November 6, 2020.