Neighbors in the News: Elmhurst Realtor named president-elect of state organization
• Elmhurst resident and Realtor Michael Gobber, was installed as the 2022 president-elect of Illinois REALTORS. He is the designated managing broker and partner of Century 21 Affiliated in Westchester.
Gobber, who began his real estate career in 1999, is a member of the Mainstreet Organization of REALTORS and served on its board of directors for nearly a decade. He led the local association as its 2019 president.
At the state level, Gobber is a member of the Illinois REALTORS board of directors and has chaired the Professional Standards and Finance committees. He has also served on the REALTORS Political Involvement Working Group, Finance Committee and the Real Estate Educational Foundation board of directors.
He sits on the National Association of REALTORS board of directors and is a member of the 2021 Broker Engagement Council.
Gobber was installed as president-elect at the Illinois REALTORS Installation Ceremony Oct. 12.
• Congratulation to Steve Sadin, a freelance reporter for the Lake County News-Sun, who was honored with the Illinois Parks' Top Journalist Award by the Illinois Association of Park Districts during its 2021 Best of the Best Awards Gala.
The award recognizes a print, radio and television medium or individual reporter/journalist that has provided responsible and comprehensive coverage of Illinois park districts, forest preserves, conservation, recreation and special recreation agencies at the statewide and/or local level.
Sadin has been a freelance reporter for the Lake County News-Sun since July 2020, and covers news in Waukegan and the surrounding communities. He was nominated by the Waukegan Park District.
• Vascular Surgeon Dr. Nader Tehrani has joined the Medical Group at Northwest Community Healthcare.
Dr. Tehrani earned his medical degree from Albany Medical College in Albany, New York, and completed his general surgery residency at Southern Illinois University School of Medicine in Springfield.
He completed his vascular surgery fellowship in July 2021 at Loyola Medical Center in Maywood.
Dr. Tehrani see patients in Arlington Heights at the Busse Center for Specialty Medicine, vascular surgery practice location, 880 W. Central Road, Suite 7100.
• October has been designated as National Principals Month, and Community Consolidated School District 62 formally recognized its school principals and assistant principals for their dedication to public education.
District 62's school principals include: Donald Jones, Algonquin Middle School; Panagiota "Patty" Tzortzis, Algonquin Middle School assistant principal; Juliana Vissering, Chippewa Middle School; Gary Wheaton, Chippewa Middle School assistant principal; Erica Cupuro, Central Elementary School; Colleen White, Cumberland Elementary School; Costantina Mazzone, Cumberland Elementary School assistant principal of Special Education; Amy Cengel, Forest Elementary School; Kelly Krueger, Iroquois Community School; Margo Giannoulis, North Elementary School; Heather Cassidy, North Elementary School assistant principal; Jennifer Suarez Bautista, Orchard Place Elementary School; Lisa Carlos, Plainfield Elementary School; Kristin Jares, South Elementary School; and Bradley Stein, Terrace Elementary School.
"A principal's role has become more complex than ever as we continue to support families and children during this global pandemic," said Superintendent of Schools Paul E Hertel. "I thank and acknowledge each and every one of these educators for their commitment, compassion and leadership."
• Barrington native Dan Emary will compete for the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater men's swimming and diving team during the 2021-22 season.
Emary, a Barrington High School graduate, is a sophomore at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, and is majoring in marketing.
• Submit 'Neighbors in the News' items to email@example.com.