Artists, writers living in Dist. 214 can enter contest
Are you creative? Do you live within the boundaries of Northwest Suburban High School District 214?
District 214 has announced its call for submissions to the annual Daily Herald and District 214 Arts Unlimited Art and Writing Contest. Submissions will be accepted through March 1.
Judges will review artwork, poetry and prose -- any genre, style or theme -- from entrants residing in Arlington Heights, Buffalo Grove, Elk Grove Village, Mount Prospect, Prospect Heights, Rolling Meadows and Wheeling. Winners will be published in the Daily Herald.
All entries must be submitted electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Winners will be contacted by email by March 22.
• All pieces submitted must be original works.
• Only one submission is allowed per category, per individual.
• Writing must be typed in a 12-point font and double-spaced,
• Prose should not exceed 1,500 words.
• Poems should not exceed 50 lines.
• Writing must be attached as a Word file.
• Artwork must be attached as a JPEG, minimum 300 dpi, and print-ready.
• File should be named the same as the title of the work.
• Poetry and prose should be carefully proofread and free of copy-editing errors.
The email body must include entrant's name, title of piece, address and phone number.
Do not submit artwork or writing that:
• is derogatory, demeaning, malicious, defamatory, abusive, or hateful;
• makes threats of any kind or that intimidates, harasses, or bullies;
• depicts graphic or gratuitous violence;
• is obscene, pornographic, or sexually explicit.
If you have questions, contact Jennifer Aguilar-Iannotti at email@example.com.