Heater catches fire at Glendale Heights factory

 
Daily Herald report
Updated 10/27/2012 5:55 PM

An overheated heater caught fire Saturday at a massive Glendale Heights factory, but it was quickly extinguished before any serious damage was caused, authorities said.

Glenside Fire Protection District officials said firefighters from several area departments responded to the 2:30 p.m. blaze at Titan Metals, 180 W. Lake Drive, because of the size of the building. The only damage was to the heater itself, fire officials said. They did not have an estimate on the cost of the damage.

 

About 40 firefighters from Glenside, Carol Stream, Bloomingdale, Bartlett, Addison, Hanover Park and Wheaton responded to the call.

No injuries were reported and personnel cleared the scene about an hour after the alarm was sounded, officials said.

0 Comments
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
 
Article Comments
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.