District 158 foundation awards grants to teachers
Teachers at schools across Huntley Unit District 158 were recently presented with bouquets of balloons and big checks from the District 158 Education Foundation, which supports all kinds of programs across the district.
The Education Foundation is a nonprofit organization that provides funding for grants and other programs through fundraisers, special events and donations.
This year, the foundation donated $12,210.45 in teacher grants to about a dozen programs for things like laptops and school newsletters. The list of recipients follows:
• Conceptual Physics Laptops, $3,062, Huntley High School, Tom Kempf, Phil McNamee, Thomas Jacobson, Amanda Henk, Erin Stefanik;
• Learning Through Technology, $2,431, Leggee Elementary School, Michelle Leonard, Jennifer Dyer, Kathy Guess, Jennifer Hora, Summer Hengels, Jeri Lynn Graunke, Megan Cunningham;
• Rigby PM Benchmark Kit, $1,310.40, Leggee Elementary School, Jaime DeBlieck;
• FIDGIT Kits for Level I Intervention, $1,238.50, all K-5 Schools, Occupational Therapists at K-5 schools;
• Non-Fiction Reading Books, $869.84, Leggee Elementary School Carrie Hernandez, Dawn Bach, Wendy Diechman, Sarah DuBose, Lisa Kampert, Brooke Ramey, Tracey Schwartz, Amanda Wege;
• Mastering Math Facts, $846.94 Leggee Elementary School, Jennette Perreault, JoAnn Sutherland;
• Speech/Language Therapy Program, $680.54, Leggee Elementary School, Rebecca Floyd;
• Display for Music Research Materials, $634.41, Martin Elementary School, Ingrid Mullane and Brent Mullane;
• Genre in a Bag, $629.50, Mackeben Elementary School Kathy Kamper for all teachers at Mackeben;
• Junior Great Books for Gifted Readers, $352.12; Conley Elementary School, Michele Busky,
• Weekly Reader News, $54.40, Leggee Elementary School, Nancy Tomaso for all teachers at Leggee.
A list of applications that were not selected for funding can be found on the foundation's website, district158.org/education-foundation. Members of the community or local businesses can adopt and fund other innovative projects like field trips, end-of-year celebrations, other classroom resources.
To fund a need or make a donation, contact the District 158 Education Foundation via email at D158Foundation@District158.org or at (847) 659-5800. Donations can be mailed to District 158 Education Foundation, 650 Academic Drive, Algonquin, IL 60102.