Special Report | 1ST AND LONG: One year down, many years to go before Bears play in Arlington Heights
Bears officials have cautioned there's a long way to go -- perhaps a decade -- before the first snap at a new stadium on the old racecourse grounds. The tentative $197.2 million deal could change the face of the region and a storied NFL franchise for decades to come.
News | 'We're very resilient,' say suburbanites in Florida just outside the worst of hurricane's impactSome suburban Chicago residents who are visiting or retired in Florida hunkered down Wednesday to wait out Hurricane Ian, but so far they have avoided the worst of the dramatic events.
Politics | Ready to vote? Early voting available across the suburbsVoters eager to get their ballots in early headed to their local county clerk's offices Thursday to cast their votes.
News | Itasca firefighter gets married days after returning home to Crystal Lake with terminal cancerFrank Nunez, an Itasca firefighter who has terminal cancer, married his fiancé, Christina Patel, on Thursday.
Prep Football | High school football: Five storylines to watch in Week 6Here's five storylines to watch heading into Week 6 of the high school football season
News | Cyclist killed by careening truck in Arlington HeightsA bicyclist died Thursday after she was struck by a careening landscaping truck that had collided with another vehicle Thursday at the intersection of Lake-Cook and Wilke roads in Arlington Heights.
Politics | Watch debate over the state referendum on Amendment 1, about union rightsAuthorities on both sides of the Amendment 1 issue debate the implications of the referendum question in this joint Zoom interview hosted by the Illinois Associated Press Media Editors association and the Daily Herald.
Cook County | Illinois State Bar Association releases judicial recommendations for Nov. 8 electionThe Illinois State Bar Association offers its recommendations for Cook County judicial candidates in advance of the Nov. 8 election.
Lake County | Lake County Board member to apologize for calling League of Women Voters' members 'hags'Lake County Board member Dick Barr said he would apologize to the local League of Women Voters chapter after receiving criticism for referring to its members as "hags" in a Facebook post Tuesday night.
News | Construction begins on Naperville mosqueLeaders from the Islamic Center of Naperville, joined by city officials and members of the community, recently held a groundbreaking ceremony for the new mosque being built on 248th Avenue.
News | Septemberfest security worker who was injured by wrong-way driver diesA private security worker from neighboring Hanover Park who was severely injured by a car driving the wrong direction on a one-way street during Schaumburg's Septemberfest earlier this month died Wednesday, family members said.
Kane County | Kane County voters will decide who handles and invests the county's moneyKane County voters will decide who handles and invests the county's money for the next four years when they elect a new county treasurer.
Special Report | Arlington Heights panel endorses idea of Bears sportsbook at Arlington ParkBettors were able to place wagers on horses for nearly a century at Arlington Park. Should the Chicago Bears redevelopment there come to fruition, fans may be able to put down money on football games and a whole host of other sports too.
- 12:57 AMBrazil's decisive debate on eve of presidential election
- 12:52 AMChina manufacturing weak, adding to economy pressure
- 12:47 AMIndia raises interest rate to 5.90% to tame inflation
- 12:35 AMTaliban spokesman for Kabul police chief says 19 killed, 27 wounded in suicide blast in Shiite area of Afghan capital
- 12:27 AMHurricane Ian heads for Carolinas after pounding Florida
More Suburban News Find your community
- BataviaBatavia woman dies after being hit by SUV in Geneva
- NewsDistrict 303 moving forward with pay increase for substitute teachers
- RoselleOwner of Roselle smoke and vape shop charged with selling marijuana, LSD
- NewsDistrict 303 school board works to clarify rules for public participation at meetings
- Kane CountyPush builds to force Kane County property tax increase vote
- Mount ProspectAssistant principal decides to 'Let It Go' after St. Raymond students exceed fundraising goal
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Dirst's ace helps Libertyville claim sectional spot
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Akashi's goal gives Fremd Kinsella Cup over Palatine
- Prep FootballScouting Week 6 Cook County football games
- Prep FootballScouting Week 6 DuPage County football games
- Prep FootballScouting Week 6 Fox football games
- Prep FootballScouting Week 6 Lake County football games
- 8:01 PMAurora VA Clinic to offer special Saturday flu vaccinations on Oct. 1 and 15
- 7:48 PMSt. Isidore Catholic School named to Illinois Incubator School Class of 2022-23
- 5:59 PMLocal Leagues to host Oct. 5 candidate forum for U.S. 14th Congressional District
- 5:33 PMLocal Leagues to host Oct. 13 candidate forum for state Senate 21st District
- 5:28 PMLocal Leagues to hold Oct. 6 candidate forum for state 41st House District
- 2:29 PMHindu community gears up to celebrate 'Diwali' by donating food to less fortunate
- 10:46 AMNiche: Woodlands Academy gets another A+ for educating girls
- 9:15 AMIBJI CARES Foundation Seeks 2023 Charity Partner
Inside Daily Herald