- Constable: Are those who don't wear masks vaccinated or ... 'the other'?
- COVID-19 update: 32,253 more shots, 6 more dead, 946 new cases
- Got a question or story idea? Email Us
Illinois | Pritzker rescinding mask rule for fully vaccinated residents
Illinois has updated its mask rules to reflect recent CDC guidelines for people fully vaccinated against COVID-19, Gov. J.B. Pritzker said, but the state won't provide IDs for proof. Others say they're worried about unmasking.
DuPage County | Authorities: Wood Dale man killed his fatherA 30-year-old Wood Dale man has been accused of killing his father. Joshua Robert Castellano is charged with first-degree murder in the death of Robert Castellano, according to DuPage County court records.
News | Police: Off-duty Chicago cop fled traffic stop before fatal Arlington Heights crashAn off-duty Chicago police officer was killed early Monday morning when a speeding SUV he was driving struck a utility pole then plowed into the backyard of an Arlington Heights home, throwing him and a passenger from the vehicle, police said.
News | 'We're not going back': Naperville mayor reflects on 2020, looks ahead to future developmentA new Costco warehouse and other developments along East Ogden Avenue have contributed to a flurry of recent economic activity in Naperville, despite the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, Mayor Steve Chirico said during his State of the City address Monday.
Dining | Portillo's enters spicy chicken wars with new hot giardiniera sauce on sandwichPortillo's, famous for its Chicago-style hot dogs, Italian beef sandwiches and yes, popular chocolate cake, is making a foray into the spicy chicken wars. But with a kick -- topping the new sandwich with a specialty hot giardiniera sauce.
News | Crystal Lake parade, Lakewood concert planned Tuesday for 'American Idol' contestant Grace KinstlerA hometown celebration for Lakewood native and "American Idol" finalist Grace Kinstler is set for Tuesday afternoon and will include a parade followed by a concert at RedTail Golf Club, according to the village.
Columns | Constable: Are those who don't wear masks vaccinated or ... 'the other'?Is that maskless stranger fully vaccinated, following the CDC guidelines and just like me? Or is that person one of "the other," who thinks the virus is a hoax, refuses to get the vaccine and has never worn a mask?
News | Popeyes could be coming to Gurnee this summerA plan to open a Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen in Gurnee near the intersection of Grand Ave. and Hunt Club Road has cleared its first hurdle.
Cubs | 'I realized that Chicago likes beer': Lester didn't expect $47,000 tab after beer offerBack at Wrigley Field with Washington on Monday after six years with the Cubs, pitcher Jon Lester admitted he didn't think his offer to buy Cubs fans a beer last fall would be so popular.
Columns | Feder: V103 on top of Chicago radio ratings againWVAZ 102.7-FM, the iHeartMedia R&B powerhouse, widened its lead as Chicago's most popular radio station in the latest Nielsen Audio survey.
News | Suburban Palestinians, Jews distressed over rising tensions in Middle EastSuburban Palestinians and Jews are feeling a mix of emotions ranging from fear, anger and distress over concern for friends and family members to glimmers of hopefulness for a peaceful end to the escalating violence and a rising death toll in the Gaza Strip, occupied West Bank and Israel.
News | Rainbow flag now welcome at Des Plaines city hallThe rainbow flag now can be flown at Des Plaines city hall without prior city council approval.
More Suburban News Find your community
- NapervilleNaperville offering reward for information leading to shooting arrest
- NewsElk Grove Township teen goes missing
- CrimePolice: Man touched Arlington Heights girl walking to school
- Elk Grove VillageCook County approves tax break for Elk Grove business
- AuroraFormer Aurora woman admits to unlawfully posting private images
- NewsWalk-ins welcome Wednesday at vaccination clinic in Arlington Heights
- CrimePolice: 2 charged after theft of puppy at gunpoint in Glenview
- Prep SportsSoftball: Huntley pulls away from Crystal Lake South
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Benet beats Joliet Catholic, now 11-0
- Prep SportsBoys lacrosse: Stevenson holds on for narrow win over Fremd
- Prep SportsBaseball: Glenbard East no-hits Larkin
- Prep SportsBaseball: Kaneland's Conklin blanks Sycamore
- 7:40 PMCelebrate Asian American & Pacific Month in Wheaton in May
- 7:21 PMFermilab Arts & Lecture series explores 'Fabrics: The New Software' May 21
- 7:09 PMBatavia Mothers' Club Foundation elects new board
- 7:04 PMBatavia Mothers' Club Foundation helps local organizations with grants
- 5:59 PMFestive Eid-al-fitr lunch held in Lincolnwood
- 5:26 PMLocal doctor to serve at PGA's Evans Scholars Invitational
- 5:18 PMTee off with Batavia Chamber's 47th annual golf outing June 25
- 5:01 PMSummer camp adventures are back with Batavia Park District
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Bobby Hull, Peter O'Toole, Ted Nugent, aerobics classes for kids and more
More people got vaccinations and several deserving teachers received awards in The Week in Pictures photo gallery for May 8-14, 2021.
People showed their concern for the environment and their lost classmates in The Week in Pictures photo gallery for May 1-7, 2021.
Inside Daily Herald