Politics | Traveling? 'Change your plans,' Pritzker urges amid 9,469 new COVID-19 cases, 125 deaths
Thanksgiving travelers on the brink of heading to O'Hare or Midway international airports should "change your plans, if you can," Gov. J.B. Pritzker urged Tuesday amid a reported 9,469 new COVID-19 cases, 125 deaths and hospitalizations of more than 6,000 patients for the sixth day in a row.
Cook County | $5.5 million project adding turn lanes along Arlington Heights Road in Elk GroveA long-awaited road project to add left-turn lanes to a large portion of Arlington Heights Road through Elk Grove Village has secured $5.5 million in county and local funds.
News | Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Des Plaines canceled due to pandemicThe Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe, the annual Catholic celebration that draws as many as a quarter of a million pilgrims to Des Plaines every December, has been canceled because of the ongoing pandemic, church leaders announced Tuesday.
News | Naperville autism foundation raffling off $79,790 CorvetteA tumultuous year has forced the Turning Pointe Autism Foundation to shift gears while navigating financial and operational implications of the COVID-19 pandemic. Nonprofit leaders are now hoping a lavish but socially distanced fundraiser will help bridge funding gaps.
News | How to enter our holiday lights contest starting FridayIt turns out isolation leads to illumination. Forced to stay home because of the worsening coronavirus pandemic, many suburbanites have put up their holiday lights a bit earlier than usual. Their efforts bring a welcome bit of cheer -- and could lead to some great prizes.
News | 'Freedom Corridor' honoring veterans taking shape in St. CharlesThe St. Charles Veterans Center is in the process of creating a Freedom Corridor along Route 31 to honor veterans.
Politics | COVID-19 case counts per county, ZIP code as of Nov. 24There have been 291,214 COVID-19 cases in the suburbs as of Tuesday. That's 43.2% of the state's total, according to the Illinois Department of Public Health. There have been 5,174 deaths in the suburbs, which is 44.3% of all COVID-19 deaths in Illinois.
Columns | Why the Bulls need to call Anthony Davis right nowThe Bulls roster is essentially complete, but they should still take the time to dial up Chicago native Anthony Davis, who is an unrestricted free agent at the moment.
News | Geneva won't issue tickets for disobeying Pritzker's COVID-19 ordersGeneva residents and businesses won't be punished by the city for disobeying Gov. J.B. Pritzker's COVID-19 health orders.
Columns | Feder: Ryan Chiaverini to fill in on WLS Radio morning showRyan Chiaverini, the amiable co-host of "Windy City Live," will give talk radio a whirl all next week on WLS 890-AM.
News | 'We're in a crisis': Mayors make video urging residents to avoid holiday gatheringsThe mayors of five Fox Valley towns teamed up to shoot a video urging their residents to avoid gatherings during the holiday season with COVID-19 cases surging locally.
Entertainment | Where to cut your own Christmas tree in the suburbsAt least one holiday tradition can still be safely observed despite COVID-19: picking out the perfect Christmas tree for your home. Here's where you can cut your own in the suburbs.
Business | Dow goes over 30,000 points on vaccine hopes, Biden transitionThe Dow Jones Industrial Average traded above 30,000 points for the first time Tuesday as investors were encouraged by the latest progress on developing coronavirus vaccines and news that the transition of power in the U.S. to President-elect Joe Biden will finally begin.
- 12:00 PMUS-Pres-Sum,100
- 11:56 AMPenguin snaps up Simon & Schuster, creating mega publisher
- 11:53 AMPurdue to give staff $750 bonuses for `heroic' pandemic work
- 11:46 AMUS-House-Sum,100
- 11:46 AMUS-Senate-Sum,100
More Suburban News Find your community
- SchaumburgRoof fire at Schaumburg IKEA causes brief evacuation
- SchaumburgSchaumburg police ask for help finding 37-year-old woman
- NewsGlenbard District 87 will finish the semester with remote learning
- WheatonDuPage County Board OKs $483.3M budget for fiscal 2021
- GurneeGet in the holiday spirit at Six Flags Great America
- McHenry CountyMcHenry County businesses that violate COVID-19 rules could avoid court under proposal
- Villa ParkCOVID-19 testing sites in DuPage adapt to winter weather
- GurneeCheryl Rabine remembered as passionate philanthropist, devout Catholic and devoted mother, wife
- RoselleRoselle businessman to fill village trustee vacancy
- NewsLibertyville District 70 swears in new board member
- DuPage CountyCar chase through Darien, Burr Ridge ends with crash into 2 police cars
- RoselleRoselle plans ballot question on marijuana sales, distribution in town
- 8:34 AMMeijer extends 'Simply Give' Program to benefit Elk Grove Township Food Pantry
- 8:27 AMHawthorn Middle School North Science Olympiad Team Members Put Their Skills to the Test
- 8:18 AMConnecting the community to help around the holidays through CLC
- 12:38 AMThe Venue's 'Album Cover Tribute Series to raise funds on Giving Tuesday Dec. 1
- 11:48 PMJoin Naperville Art League for Artists Sunday Nov. 29
- 11:39 PMHoliday displays offer fun, no-crowd photo ops in downtown Aurora
- 11:32 PMWest Aurora Habitat ReStore to hold Black Friday, Small Business Saturday sales
- 11:27 PMInvest in children's future with Fox Valley United Way on Giving Tuesday Dec. 1
Inside Daily Herald