Columns | O'Donnell: Does thoroughbred racing at Arlington Park still have a pulse?
The Daily Herald has learned that an extremely well-resourced connection of businessmen has initiated contact with senior management of the Chicago Bears that could keep 'em racing around the local oval at least through 2026.
Education | As FDA panel backs Pfizer shot for kids 5-11, when can yours get one? Here are local plans so farAn FDA advisory committee today voted 17-0 with one abstention to back the vaccine for children 5 to 11 years old. So when and how can your kid get a COVID-19 shot? Pediatricians' offices, clinics and schools are among options in the suburbs, but officials are still waiting on final approvals. Here's what we know.
Crime | Authorities: Man harassed Wayne village president over Ludwig the dog shootingA Schaumburg man is charged with threatening Wayne Village President Eileen Phipps over her husband's deadly shooting of his next-door neighbor's dog, Ludwig.
Illinois | COVID-19 update: 2,013 new cases, 26 more deaths, 1,229 hospitalizationsNew cases of COVID-19 reached 2,013 Wednesday with 26 more deaths from the respiratory disease. Illinois hospitals were treating 1,229 COVID-19 patients Tuesday night.
Columns | Bowman, MacIsaac step down from Chicago Blackhawks amid sexual assault investigationBlackhawks general manager and president of hockey operations Stan Bowman and senior vice president of hockey operations Al MacIsaac were relieved of their duties Tuesday after an independent investigation involving former video coach Bradley Aldrich and sexual assault allegations.
Crime | Schaumburg police investigate carjacking at Woodfield MallSchaumburg police are investigating an armed carjacking in the Woodfield Mall parking lot Tuesday evening.
Columns | As Blackhawks prepare to face Toronto, Wirtz delivers message to teamA tumultuous week continued for the Chicago Blackhawks as players and coaches were forced to deal with the fallout of a sexual abuse scandal that cost Stan Bowman and Al MacIsaac their jobs.
News | 'Years of dreaming': New collection of therapeutic tools debuts at Arlington Heights libraryWhat's the idea behind the Arlington Heights Memorial Library's new Accessibility Support Collection that formally launched Tuesday night? To give families and therapists the opportunity to try out some of the 350 specialized items before purchasing them.
News | Security guard critically injured after falling into trench near Aurora businessA security guard was rescued early Wednesday morning after falling into a deep hole in Aurora, according to police and media reports.
News | Barrington 'excited' about planned switch of 911 providerBarrington plans to join Northwest Central Dispatch System, which provides 911 services to its neighboring communities, a move that will be beneficial to the village, officials said.
Crime | Two 15-year-olds charged in fatal Park City shootingTwo 15-year-old boys are in custody in connection with the killing of a 27-year-old North Chicago man shot to death Sunday in Park City, authorities said Wednesday.
Dining | Halloween bar bashes, pub crawls return this yearHalloween weekend is upon us, and for all those who don't have plans yet to celebrate the spookiest weekend of the year, here are some Halloween happenings at entertainment venues in the suburbs and city.
More Suburban News Find your community
- NapervilleNaperville man facing child pornography charges
- GurneeLake County's first Raising Cane's opens in Gurnee
- CrimeZion-Benton student charged in school stabbing
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect honors pair of longtime community volunteers
- BartlettBartlett police warn of increase in ruse burglaries
- EducationSt. Charles school district raising pay to attract more substitute teachers
- CrimeNorthbrook tech executive admits illegally exporting computer equipment to Pakistan
- NapervilleNew York juvenile charged in threat made against Naperville North
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Marynevych, Grayslake Central blank Vernon Hills
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Barrington ends Mundelein's run
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Glenbrook South in control against Palatine
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Konopka, Glenbrook North oust Mundelein
- 1:51 PMWheaton's DoodleBug Workshop supporting veterans
- 1:35 PMLocal Knights host online sale for Christmas trees, greenery
- 12:42 PMMcHenry's Tree of Life UU welcomes interim music director
- 12:04 PMCalvary Church of Naperville to host Fall Fest, carnival Oct. 29-31
- 9:14 AMGirl Scouts share decorated pumpkins with Glenview memory care residents
- 10:39 PMNaperville Park District invites donations to the Pennies for Pies Drive Nov. 1-19
- 3:54 PMYork football alums honored at inaugural Recognition Night
- 12:04 PMArea police and fire agencies to conduct training exercise at Blackwell Oct. 30
Inside Daily Herald