Graduates in Class of 2022: 510
Graduation ceremony: Wednesday, May 18, Roland Goins Stadium
Graduation Speakers: Lori Martinez and Elizabeth Ferrazza
Student Council Executive Board: Lori Marinez and Anna Marlin
Senior Class President: Ann Mathew
Vice Presidents: Maggie Yang and Cassidy Teuscher
• Perfect 36 ACT -- Evelyn Browning and Elizabeth Ferrazza
• National Merit Finalists -- Robert Borland, Evelyn Browning, Madeline Burda, Gabriel Dubowski, Elizabeth Ferrazza, Patrick Radoll, Charles Schmidt, Adam Stanhope, Colin Stanhope, Taylor Tracz.
• National Merit Semifinalis -- Danielle Ewing
• National Merit Commended Students -- Alison Beck, Andrew Hamilton, Anna Burns, Brandon Kim, Bridget McCarthy, Christian Tsevis, Claire Gao, Colin Dragan, Courtney Clayton, Hannah Pignataro, Jack Wojtowicz, John Lifka, Julian Spire, Lauren Lubbe, Michael Kim, Nicole Vitogiannis, Rebecca Caliendo, Ryan Faley, Sophia Wilhelm.
• National Hispanic Recognition Program -- Jacqueline Aguayo, Charlie Castro, Edward Dominguez, Ana Downing, Mia Drago, Alex Galvan, Jack Genualdi, Tea Lang, Adangelo Roura.
• National African American Recognition Award -- Olivia Elliott.
• Hersey Orchesis -- Hersey's dance, TO DESCEND, was choreographed by Calista Mackay. Dancers: Kiley Andre, Maddie Burda, Caroline Esposito, Becca Featherstone, Nora Fink, Clara Gradek, Olivia Harmon, Juia Hemmer, Robin Kaiser, Julia Lens, Calista Mackey, Grace McGuffin, Carys Meier, Maeve Petzold, Alyssa Roudabush, Gianna Zitella.
The state performance was held April 8 at Riverside Brookfield High School. Sponsor -- Christine Widell.
• Hersey Band -- David Balut, Honors All-State Band, Trumpet; Colin Stanhope, Honors All-State Band, Trumpet; Ferhat Abat. Honors All-State Band, French horn. Director of Bands -- Spencer Hile.
• Jimmy Makuh -- All State Football selection
• Ally Blumenfeld -- Girls State Diving Champion
• Meny Mejia -- 4th Place State Wrestling, 220 pounds
• Noah Thomas -- Earned gold medals in the 50-yard freestyle, 100-yard freestyle and 100-yard breaststroke in boys swimming. All three IHSA wins set state records for class A.
• Fall Musical -- "Footloose"
• Winter Play -- "Les Poisson Pretentious"
• Spring Play -- "12 Angry Jurors"
What challenges did the Class of 2022 face as they returned to in-person school full time, and how did they overcome them:
One of the biggest challenges had to do with both students and staff becoming familiar with a new bell 4x4 Block schedule.
Principal's reflections on the Class of 2022:
Commendations to the Class of 2022! I appreciate the positive leadership within this group of students. I am renewed and inspired as a result of your collective agency toward excellence.
-- Principal Keir Rogers