Graduates in the Class of 2021: 483
Graduation ceremony: Saturday, May 21, at Now Arena
Valedictorian: John LaRosa
Salutatorian: Parin Keerthi
Class President: Savanna Palmer
National Merit Scholar: Shotaro Seto
• Academic Challenge Team -- Regional Champions
• Padraic Basovsky State Qualifier in Computer Science and Engineering Graphics
• Ryan Flaskamp State Qualifier in Engineering Graphics
• Aliyah Ogden State Qualifier in English
• ILMEA qualifiers -- Brooke Bauman, Brayden Follett, Jesse Iroanyah, Abby Podsada, Alex Quast, Diego Rivera, Diana Vesselinova
• 18 Seniors will continue their academic and athletic careers at the college level.
• Girls Cross Country qualified for state for the first time since 1985
• Girls volleyball was regional champs for the first time since 2008
• Cheer/Dance State Qualifiers
• Football IHSA State Quarterfinals
• "Six Feet Apart"
Senior Class gift: Branding on the outside of the competition gym
What was new in 2021-22: Golden Eagle Ambassadors, Asian American Pacific Islander Alliance, Muslim Student Alliance
What challenges did the Class of 2022 face as they returned to in-person school full time, and how did they overcome them: This class has had to face many challenges with the constantly changing parameters of the pandemic but they have exemplified being flexible and resilient by adjusting and adapting to the constantly changing scenarios.
Principal's reflections on the Class of 2022: The Class of 2022 has been phenomenal leaders in our classrooms, on our playing fields, and in our fine arts venues. They have embraced what it means to be a Golden Eagle and have helped our underclassmen adjust to being back at Jacobs High School. They have demonstrated all of the characteristics of a successful global citizen and I am confident that they will succeed at whatever they choose to do.
-- Principal Barbara Valle