Graduates in Class of 2022: 675
Graduation ceremony: Thursday, May 26, at Dickinson Field
Class Of 2022 Executive Board: Annette Ciupek, President; Schyler Karthan, Vice President; Ella Beargie, Secretary; Tessa Howe, Public Relations; Christine Leung, School Board Liaison; Emmet Kelly, Social Chair; Sally Phillip and Kristen Bronke, Sponsors.
Class of 2022 President: Ben Monahan
• Hinsdale Central was among the 325 schools from across the country named a 2021 National Blue Ribbon School.
• Senior Alexandra Collins selected as one of the winners of the 2021 Gloria Barron Prize for Young Heroes. This annual award, which was established by author T.A. Barron in 2001, honors 25 outstanding young leaders ages 8 to 18 who have had a positive impact on people, their communities and the environment.
• Jui Khankari named a scholar by the Society for Science in conjunction with the organization's annual science and math competition. The international competition drew over 1,800 applications from more than 600 schools.
• U.S. Presidential Scholars -- Jui Khankari, Maximilian Lai, Nadir Musaffar, Grant Zhang
• Shriya Mehta earned a perfect score on the Advanced Placement exam for Research.
• 2022 National Merit Semifinalists -- Arnima Agrawal, Jackson Brown, Morgan Carlson, Amy Dong, Henry Flaming, Aishvarya Godla, Killian Hughes, Jui Khankari, Maximilian Lai, Nathaniel Lee, Sophia Lee, Nadir Muzaffar, Emaan Pirzada, Rishabh Ranganathan, Shivani Rao, Shiven Shah, Dmitriy Shvydkoy, Isabella Terry, Rohan Tolani, Emily Wang, Grant Zhang.
Seniors who will continue athletic careers in college:
• Sean Allison, Drake University, Football
• Braxton Bokos, Queens University of Charlotte, Triathlete
• Annette Ciupek, Cal Berkeley, Lacrosse
• Zoe Limparis, Illinois State University, Tennis
• Jake Quast, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, Basketball
• Kayla Teuscher, West Point Academy, Diving
• Luke Adams, Michigan State University, Baseball
• Mujtiba Ali-Khan, Purdue University, Tennis
• Katie Dollens, University of Delaware, Tennis
• Blake Edmonds, Jacksonville University, Baseball
• Harry Fandre, Quincy University, Baseball
• Noah Hernandez, Brown University, Tennis
• Dean Kamenev, Emory University, Tennis
• Lucas Montesantos, University of Illinois Springfield, Baseball
• Colby Revord, University of Missouri, Cross Country/Track & Field
• Aiden Rowe, Oberlin College, Baseball
• Michael Spitzer, Illinois Wesleyan University, Golf
What was new for the Class of 2022:
• Don Watson Aquatic Center (New Pool)
• Renovation of Dickinson Field (Football Stadium, new turf, bleachers, press box and sound system)
• Renovation of Centennial Field (Soccer Stadium, new sod, dugouts and sound system)
• Student Services Addition
• Special Education Offices
• Three New Classrooms
• New Student Commons
• Renovation of the Courtyard
• Video Scoreboards on Dickinson Field and in the Main Gymnasium
Principal's reflections on the Class of 2022: If there is a word to describe the Class of 2022, it would be resiliency. The ability to adapt to multiple learning environments, the ability to look for a new solution and the ability to engage in social dynamics while being 6' or 3' apart at all times. The Class of 2022 has taught humanity that the human spirit is not defined by walls or space, but defined by our ability to connect at a higher emotional level. The global pandemic altered our school, our classrooms, and the way we interact within a school system. But the Class of 2022 found a way to make a significant difference in our school and community. Students raised money to support families in need, they created masks and shields through 3D printing and even planted gardens and picked up garbage to clean our community and lift our spirits. The Class of 2022 demonstrated to the greater Hinsdale community that humans are better together but can preserve while we are apart.
-- Principal William Walsh