Graduates in Class of 2022: 27
Graduation ceremony: Sunday, May 15, Harvest Bible Chapel/Harvest Christian Academy Worship Center
Valedictorian: Carson Welsh
Salutatorian: Jordan Gilman
Ariel (heart of a Lion award): Jordan Gilman
Distinguished Scholars: Gunther Bethge, Luke Boldog, Eva Camp, Jaden Condrea, Rebecca D'Alessandro, Madison Ellett, Jordan Gilman, Edward Leslie, Keegan Weidman, Carson Welsh.
Senior Student Council Officers: Gunther Bethge (Vice President), Eva Camp (Secretary)
National Honor Society officers: Eva Camp (Historian), Madison Ellett (President), Jordan Gilman (Vice President)
National Honor Society members: Gunther Bethge, Luke Boldog, Jaden Condrea, Rebecca D'Alessandro, Abigail Semerau, Keegan Weidman, Carson Welsh.
• Sousa Award -- Grace Bartlett
• Cannon Lambert -- qualified for the IHSA State Cross Country Meet. Placed third in 3rd in the 400m and anchored the Lions to a 4th place finish in the 4x400m Relay at the Illinois Top Times Indoor Championship. In May, at the NAC Conference Track Meet, Cannon achieved All- Conference Honors in the 100m, 200m and 400m.
• Eddie Leslie qualified for the Illinois Top Times Indoor Championship in the 400m finishing 15th and in the 4x400m Relay helping us to achieve a 4th place finish.
• Eva Camp was an individual qualifier for the IHSA State Cross Country Meet. She also qualified for the Illinois Top Times Indoor Championships in the 4x800m and 4x400m Relays. She led our team to a 4th place and 10th place finish at the championships respectively.
• Ella Richter qualified for the Illinois Top Times Indoor Championships in the 4x800m and 4x400m Relays. She led our team to a 4th place and 10th place finish at the championships, respectively. In May, while competing at the NAC Track and Field Championships, Ella achieved All-Conference honors in the 4x800m relay, 800m, 1600m and 4x400m relay.
• Madison Ellett -- Basketball First team All Conference
• Abby Semerau- Basketball First team All Conference, All Area Daily Herald
• Hayley Martin (Volleyball) -- Recorded her 1000th kill, First team All Conference, All Area Daily Herald, 2nd team All State
• "Cinderella the Musical"
What was new in 2021-22: We built out a new strength training facility, The Factory, and we expanded our Engineering program and course offerings.
What challenges did the Class of 2022 face as they returned to in-person school full time, and how did they overcome them:
We are thankful to have been in-person, full-time learning for the past two years. These seniors have continued to work hard and not give up throughout the pandemic.
Principal's reflections on the Class of 2022: This special group of seniors has faced many challenges together even before a worldwide pandemic. They continue to support each other and welcome new members into the HCA community. I pray that they would continue their friendships throughout their lifetimes and continue to seek God's highest and best plans for their lives regardless of life circumstances.
-- Principal Judy Bethge