Graduates in the Class of 2022: 464
Graduation ceremony: Tuesday, May 31, at the NIU Convocation Center
Top 5% of the graduating class: Andrew Baggio, Shreeya Buddaraju, Haddie Bushman, Katie Chitwood, Sydney Cournaya, Anna Crosby, Charles Curione, Donovan DelMundo, Alyssa Dillenburg, Claire Douglass, Nour Fayad, Cooper Finn, Maximilian Garibay-Deasy, Nico Gonnella, Emily Grimes, Logan Keen, Bryn Kurtz, Matilda Lobdell, Julianna Longo, Gavin McCullough, Steven Meyer, Emma Moore, Emily Olson, Katelyn Olson, Andrew Perez, Zach Petersen, Carter Powelson, Dylan Pratt, Ian Schultz, Madeline Shick, Michelle Shrout, Morgan Slagle, Lilliana Stange, Brianna Tabor, Hannah Thill, Brianna Venditti.
Graduation Speakers: Julianna Longo, Zach Petersen, Hannah Bernhard
Class Officers: Katie Chitwood and Elliott Schmid -- Class of 2022 Co-Presidents
National Merit Commended Students: Shreeya Buddaraju, Sunni Foard, Max Garibay-Deasy, Emma Moore, Andrew Perez, Dylan Pratt, Ansh Shah, Spencer Sims, Hannah Thill.
National Merit Finalists: Andrew Baggio
• Virtual Enterprise Illinois Social Media Marketing Campaign: Caitlin Cassidy, Nour Fayad, Addyson Mitchell, Morgan Slagle
• Virtual Enterprise Final Round of National Marketing Plan: Joshua Day, Nour Fayad, Morgan Slagle, Daniel Strohm
• Microsoft Office Specialist State Competition: Sydney Cournaya
• FCCLA State Qualifiers: Natalie Drake, Braden Fels, Gina Williams
• DECA State Competition: Julianna Longo
• The Skaldic: Pensive Literary & Arts Magazine Award -- NSPA Pacemaker Award; Mariam Mairaj and Cassidy Pihera, co-editors
• ILMEA All-State Music Festival Participants: Brendan Coller -- ILMEA Award Winner for Music Composition; John Henderson -- ILMEA Future Music Educators Seminar Participant; Charlie Hood -- ILMEA All-State Band; Christine Kelly -- ILMEA Honors Choir; Steven Meyer -- ILMEA Award Winner for Music Composition; Helen Olechowski -- ILMEA All-State Band; Gabby Ost -- ILMEA All-State Choir; Hannah Thill -- ILMEA Honors Orchestra.
• Scholastic Art Gold Key Recipients: Noah Balicki -- Photography; Scout Fortun -- Printmaking; Vivian Johnsen -- Drawing & Illustration (2 Gold Keys); Sophia Lobdell -- Painting; Alexander Ruedel -- Mixed Media and Art Portfolio (2 Gold Keys).
• IDEA (Illinois Design Educators Association) State Qualifiers: Alexander Johnson -- 3D CAD modeling -- Placed 3rd in State; Adam Drexler -- Architectural Design Team -- Placed 2nd in State.
• ACES (Academic Challenge for Engineering & Science) State Qualifiers: Andrew Baggio, Emily Grimes, Alexander Johnson, Logan Keen, Matilda Lobdell, Alexander McCullough, Elijah Paschke, Brianna Tabor.
• Special Olympics Illinois Summer Games Swim Qualifier: Mackenzie Dunnett
• Girls Golf State Qualifier: Reese Clark -- 4th in State
• Boys Cross-Country State Qualifier: Nathan Lehman -- 7th in State
•Boys Swimming State Qualifier: Gavin McCullough
• IHSA State Dance -- 2nd Place: Allison Chaffee, Emma Fuller, Brenna Heth, Madeline Hughes, Lilly Japlon, Emily Mundry, Victoria Preston.
• Fall Play -- "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
• Spring Musical -- "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying"
Senior Class gift: 13 trees were donated and planted around the high school campus
What was new in 2021-22: Everything seemed new because this group of seniors had not experienced "normal" since midway through their sophomore year. It's been great to see them enjoying all the experiences of high school again.
What challenges did the Class of 2022 face as they returned to in-person school full time, and how did they overcome them:
Because they really didn't have all the normal traditions to observe late in their sophomore year and junior year, they ventured into the unknown at times when it came to things like homecoming and prom. They participated in things in great numbers because they wanted to experience everything again.
Principal's reflections on the Class of 2022: The Class of 2022 is very kind and supportive of one another. They have succeeded in many ways as seen in the list of accomplishments.
I am very proud of the senior class and any college/university, trade school, employer or military branch who receives on of our graduates will be fortunate to have them.
-- Principal Tom Rogers