Graduates in Class of 2022: 683
Graduation ceremony: Monday, May 23, Now Arena
District 211 Academic Scholars: Zaid Ahmed, Satvika Alur, Harani Athwale, Anika Bansal, Nathan Barretto, Aadit Bennur, Abhinav Bhashyam, Pranav Bottu, Elaine Burns, Donald Carl III, Emma Chen, Justin Chiang, Ania Ciborowski, Katherine Cox, Emily Cuthbert, Akshay Dalvi, Charles DeAngelis, Emily Dermyshi, Sanjeev Devarajan, Natalie DeVooght, Elena DiVito, Gina Dudley, Eric Fei, Ella French, Arvind Ganeshkumar, Michael Ganzorig, Srihith Garlapati, Antonio Giustino, Cristian Gonzalez Jimenez, Preetham Gopu, Grant Gruchot, Daniel Grudzien, Samantha Gump, Harry Han, Amruta Hegde, Joshua Hsu, Preethi Jagadeesan, Zhiwei Jiang, Aleksandra Kaminska, Reese Katovich, Samantha Katovich, Vishal Kaushik, Maximus Kim, Erin Kirsten, Iris Koh, Ndjiya Kollo, Eva Konsur, Jamie Koo, Izabela Kopec, Luboslava Kozlowski, Mansha Kumar, Garrick Kung, Seoyun Lim, Amelia Lin, Lucia Lin, Rachel Bernadette Madamba, Revanth Madamsetty, Aditya Maddali, Ajay Malik, Tyler Malik, Manasi Mangalvedhe, Brooklyn Mao, Giuliana Martinez Albuja, Haroldas Matulevicius, Charles Mayschak, Bailey McCarthy, James McPhaul Jr., Michail Metodiev, Nina Milojkovic, Rachel Moy, Devansh Nandwana, David Nora, Mary Ostermeyer, Sarah Ottesen, Amar Patel, Malini Patel, Giovanni Pena, Edward Perez, Christopher Piegza, Luke Polcyn, Georgi Popov, Snehasri Pothanker, Jillian Price, Mason Price, Grace Rafalzik, Prashanth Ramachandra, Manonmani Ravela, Braden Roos, Benjamin Ruan, Madison Russell, Rachel Saladin, Arnav Sangamnerkar, Celine Sanluecha, Nicholas Saunders, Amol Shah, Shruti Sharma, Benjamin Sherrill, Jonathan Siemianowski, John Smolak, Jolly Soliman, Eric Song, Vidushi Srivastava, Jessica Sun, Siya Taparia, Nathan Tofilon, Dennis Tomak, Anika Veda, Saipranav Venkatakrishna, Kelly Wang, Ashley Weidner, Kylie Williams, Jackson Wolan, Maggie Wu, Luis Xu, Eric Yang, Medha Yaragorla, Shoon Yonekura, Jason Yung, Ashley Zhang, Yucheng Zhang.
Graduation Speakers: Prashanth Ramachandra and Tanya Nayak.
• National Merit Semifinalists -- Satvika Alur, Anika Bansal, Barretto Barretto, Aadit Bennur, Emma Chen, Eric Fei, Preethi Jagadeesan, Zhiwei Jiang, Maximus Kim, Erin Kirsten, Eva Konsur, Izabela Kopec, Garrick Kung, Brooklyn Mao, Prashanth Ramachandra, Rohan Roy, Yavna Sakthi, Amol Shah, Maggie Wu, Luis Xu, and Jason Yung.
• Perfect ACT scores -- Zhiwel Jiang, Eva Konsur, Garrick Kung, Maggie Wu.
• ILMEA All-State Honors Musician -- Orchestra: Jason Yung
• HOSA 1st Place Finishers -- Harani Athwale, Health Career Photography; Satvika Alur, Smrithi Senthil Kumar, Nethra Senthilkumar, MRC Partnership
• IHSA Group Interpretation All-State Medalists -- Andre Boulet and Greyson Walther
• IHSA Debate -- Gabriel Seidman -- Finalist: 1st Place Public Forum, 2nd Place PF Speaker; Eric Fei, 4th, 1st Place Congress Speaker and Captain of the All State Team; Prashanth Ramachandra, State Finalist
• The boys soccer team finished 2nd in the state. The team included 13 seniors: Adrian Blonski, Daniel Grudzien, Sandro Javakhishvili, Amar Patel, Braden Roos, Ryan Sapiente, Elijah Schoffstall, Beck Smolak, Caden Statz, William Stewart, Christian Tirado, Demetrios Vlahos and Brandon Wozniak
• Wiley Jessup -- 2nd in state in Boys Wrestling (3A -- 106 lbs.)
• Charles Fifield -- 4th in state in Boys Wrestling (3A -- 145 lbs.)
• The badminton team finished 2nd in the state and included six seniors -- Satvika Alur, Lily Rybka, Livana Suresh, Sachi Tillu (2nd place doubles in state), Maggie Wu (4th place doubles in state), Medha Yaragorla
• "Curtains" (Musical)
What was new in 2021-22:
• New student committees for equity and wellness
• New clubs: Black Leader Achievers, Latinos Unidos, Asian American Heritage
• Bathroom facility updates
What challenges did the Class of 2022 face as they returned to in-person school full time, and how did they overcome them:
The Class of 2022 had a high school experience like no other. Throughout their four years they had a traditional experience along with everything that came with being students during a pandemic. These Vikings faced uncertainties and challenges both academically and extracurricularly, but with the help of their peers and a supportive faculty and staff, stayed Mighty, Brave, and Bold to overcome it all and exceed all expectations.
Principal's reflections on the Class of 2022: I will always have the utmost respect for the Class of 2022. They started their senior year already having gone through so much, but maintained their Commitment to Excellence in all aspects of school and in their personal lives. They have been true leaders in the building this year and a model of grace, courage, resilience, and perseverance. Congratulations Class of 2022, we are all proud of you.
-- Principal Mark Langer