Graduates in the Class of 2022: 501
Graduation ceremony: Wednesday, May 18, Robert Haskell Stadium, Elk Grove High School
Graduation Speakers: Lana Hernandez and Andrea Vazquez Galvan
Class Officers: Madeline Kimura, President; Gizelle Salumbidez, Public Relations; Natalia Villegas, Treasurer
• Maximus Bellatti -- College Board National Recognition Program Scholar
• Aileen Saucedo -- College Board National Recognition Program Scholar
• William McGarry -- College Board National Recognition Program Scholar
• Lana Hernandez -- College Board National Recognition Program Scholar
• Rapheal Lausa -- Redefining Ready! Scholarship
• Lilianna Duckmann -- IHSA All-State Academic Team Honorable Mention
• Daniel Gaskil l- IHSA All-State Academic Team Honorable Mention
• Twenty students with registered apprenticeships and/or work-based internships -- Ashley Kim, Samantha Rowan, Yolotzy Yanez, Conrad Kusion, Rebeca Valdez, Maximus Dominguez, Mayra Mendez, Abram-Garcia-Medina, Morgan Saragham, Marissa Velazequez, Quientin Woehler, Alex Chamala, Darian Lubenov, Shivam Patel, Jose Cervantes, William Evans, Mercado Manuel, Casey Keymolen, Bella Kokona, Emma Hodzic.
• Anna Kartel, Gold Medalist, National French Exam
• Magaly Sanchez, Silver Medalist, National French Exam
• Monzerath Duran, Bronze Medalist, National French Exam
• Fatima Avila, Bronze Medalist, National French Exam
• Alex Almaguer, Silver Medalist, National Italian Exam
• Addison Kester, Bronze Medalist, National Italian Exam
• Symphonic Orchestra selected to perform at The Midwest Clinic in December
• Math Team State Qualifiers -- Ben Vysnia; Ethan York; Raphael Lausa; Lourymae Visperas; Roderick Sacdalan; Antoni Palucki; Marina Mitrinovic; Alex Danan.
• Gavin Ewen -- 2nd place State in IHSA Journalism-Sports Writing
• Sabrina Alejandre -- 4th place State in IHSA Journalism-Yearbook Theme Development
• Peyton Oda -- State Qualifier Tennis
• Coed Competitive Cheer Team -- State Qualifier
• Natalia Villegas -2nd Place State Finish Bowling
• Michael Henske -- State Qualifier Diving, Gymnastics
• Chance Guziec -- State Qualifier Wrestling
• Brady Tosterud -- State Qualifier Wrestling
• Daniel Gaskill -- State Qualifier Wrestling
• Lilianna Duckmann -- Surpasses scoring 1,000 points in Girls Basketball
• "Addams Family"
• Variety Show
• One-Act Plays
What was new in 2021-22:
• Girls Wrestling
• Senior English courses now offer portability for admittance into credit-bearing courses at Illinois public colleges and universities.
What challenges did the Class of 2022 face as they returned to in-person school full time, and how did they overcome them:
The class of 2022 has earned approximately $8.3 million in scholarships and will graduate with over 5,000 early college credits. At a cost of $425 (the average in Illinois) per credit, that will save our graduating seniors over $2 million in college tuition costs.
Principal's reflections on the Class of 2022:
The Class of 2022 had only one "normal" year, and it feels like a decade ago. They've been hanging tough for the past two years, but they really bounced back this year and accomplished great things. We are proud of this class and everything they've done to add to the Elk Grove Grenadier story!
-- Principal Paul Kelly