Graduates in Class of 2022: 599
Graduation ceremony: Wednesday, May 25, at Now Arena
Class of 2022 Academic Scholars: Jonathan An, Ronit Anandani, Colin Angelos, Lydia Antol, Medhika Athreya, Katie Auyeung, Mason Bartoli, Simret Bhatia, Nicolas Breiter, Tyler Calderwood, Farah Cisse, Ananya Deepak, Graziella DeFrenza, Giuseppe Dugo, Jargelis Encarnacion, Paredes Maher, Fatima Janvi, Gandhi Eve, Katherin Garcia, Rishita Ghelda, Filip Gigovski, Neela Gilbert, Arjun Gopal, Jillian Grabowski, Ananya Gupta, Daria Harris, Riya Jain, Hope Jo, Nikhil Joshi, Pranav Joshi, Asel Kahveci, Anthony Kent, Madeline Kilian, Nivedha Krishnan, Monica Kumar, Samantha Locascio, Naga Vaishnavi, Maddipudi Anjali, Maddulapalli Khush, Makadia Mallika, Malhotra Ashwin, Mannur Nomin Mash-Ariun, Nathaniel Mathew, Aashna Mauskar, Asmi Mauskar, Anthony Milas, Landon Moeller, Mieszko Muskala, Aashna Patel, Anjali Patel, Dhara Patel, Ishani Patel, Jaahnvi Patel, Jiya Patel, Leena Patel, Mahi Patel, Naiya Patel, Varsha Patibandla, Rishit Patil, Ankur Prasad, Dhruv Raval, Rhea Razdan, Grace Rodriguez, Emilia Rudzinski, Johanna Selmeczy, Shree Sevak, Joyce Shim Kim, Satyam Singh, Alivia Sobon, Tylor Takahashi, Spencer Vecchione, Sadhana Viswanathan, Ryan White, Nicole Wong, Sean Yoshihara, Emily Ytsen.
Graduation Speaker: John Rimando
• Perfect Attendance Awards: Ronit Anandani Khush Makadia Dhara Patel Jiya Patel, Leena Patel
• Perfect ACT: Nivedha Krishnan
National Merit Scholarship Finalists: Ronit Anandani, Medhika Athreya, Simret Bhatia, Riya Jain, Nivedha Krishnan, Anjali Maddulapalli, Ashwin Mannur, Rishit Patil, Johanna Selmeczy, Sean Yoshihara.
• Conant Math Team qualified for State
• Conant Business Professionals of America- Senior State & National Qualifiers are Ashwin Mannur, Dhruv Raval, Angiarm Nasanjargal, Ronit Anandani, Vinusha Venkatesh, Medhika Athreya, Riya Jain, Nivedha Krishnan, Nikhil Joshi, Rishit Patil, John Rimando, Khush Makadia, Alishba Kamran, Parth Shah, Ananya Deepak, Bhoomika Pillai.
• Autos Club took 1st Place in the Super High Mileage Event
• Science Olympiad Team -- Nine Conant students took home a total of 13 medals in six events
• Conant Crier (Newspaper) -- Four students qualified for State, including two Sectional champions
• All-State Honors Band: Nathanial Mathew
• All-State Honors Orchestra: Sean Yoshihara
• Family, Career, Community Leaders of America state qualifiers: Julia Dziecina, Kamilla Gajowska, Mikayla Hoppenrath, Nicole Wong, Molly Tobin, Julia Dziwisz, Klaudia Kurek, Lia Myers.
• Conant's Chess Team was recognized by the Illinois Chess Coaches Association as highest-performing team in Division 5A.
• Henry X. Chang, Boys Wrestling -- sixth place at state, 195-pound weight class
• Ethan L. Stiles, Boys Wrestling -- first place at state, 152-pound weight class
• Samantha Anderson, Girls Wrestling -- 6th place at state, Conant's first female wrestlings state place winner.
• Varsity Wrestling won the IHSA Regional Championship.
• Boys Golf -- Nicolas Simon, sophomore, placed 5th in the state, first Conant male golfer to place in state. The team won the IHSA Regional Championship
• Girls Tennis State Qualifiers: Katie Strilich-singles, Riya Jain & Nirlai Patel-doubles, Jessie Hernandez-Goncalves & Sruthi Sundar-doubles; Katie Strilich, freshman won the MSL Singles Tennis Championship, Conant's first individual tennis champion.
• Coed Cheer won the IHSA Sectional and finished 4th in state.
• Girls Badminton won the IHSA Sectional and qualified the entire team for state.
• Girls Water Polo won the MSL Conference Championship.
• Girls Soccer finished in 2nd place in the MSL Championship.
• Conant Baseball All-Conference players: Jake Parpet, Isaiah Rhodes, Bryce Loeger.
• Conant Soccer All-Conference players: Emma Simpson, Sophie Dobrincu, Hannah Husnick, Sarah Bradley, Sydney Litney, Amani Urban.
• "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee" (musical)
• Season of improv
• Student-written Last Minute Show
What was new in 2021-22: Student Equity Team, Wellness Student Committee, Cricket Club, E-Sports, Grill Club, Interact Club, Spikeball Club.
What challenges did the Class of 2022 face as they returned to in-person school full time, and how did they overcome them:
The Class of 2022 faced the need to adapt to ever-changing information as the nation, state, district, and school navigated mitigations that were in the hands of so many different stakeholders. This included experiencing high school in a remote, hybrid and in-person learning environment, modeling grace and respect towards others when mask wearing became optional, and honoring seating requirements due to social distancing rules. We can learn a lot from the Class of 2022!
Principal's reflections on the Class of 2022: The Class of 2022 has shown flexibility, compassion, and perseverance beyond compare! This class embraced their senior year by taking advantage of every opportunity available. They showed up to school ready to reclaim the senior experience!
The Class of 2022 were "all in" to enjoy athletic events, theater productions, dances, and everything else the school year offered! They also showed poise and concern for their community by participating in wellness and equity forums and will go on to do great things- and more importantly, they will be caring and collaborative citizens!
-- Principal Julie Nowak