Graduates in the Class of 2022: 715
Graduation ceremony: Friday, June 3, Willow Creek Community Church
Graduation Speaker: Jack Bradley
Class Officers: Madison Zursin, Senior Class President; Abigail Whitaker, Student Council President
• Seven National Merit Finalists
• The BHS Chess Team was the IHSA State runner-up for the third time in four years.
• Orchesis qualified for state
• 12 ILMEA All-State Musicians
• Margaret Higgins, All-State Theater
• BHS-TV won two Crystal Pillars
Individual State Champions 2021-22 school year:
• Girls Golf -- Mara Janess
• Boys Swimming: Griffin O'Leary (100-yard backstroke)
IHSA 1st place winners for the 2021-22 school year:
• Girls Golf
IHSA 2nd place winners for the 2021-22 school year:
• Girls Swimming & Diving
• Girls Basketball
• Competitive Dance
IHSA 3rd place winners for the 2021-22 school year:
• Girls Volleyball
• Boys Basketball
*Prior to the 2021-22 school year, Barrington High School had never won an IHSA State Finals trophy in the sport of basketball. This year, both the girls and boys basketball teams won a state trophy within one week of each other this year.
• Fall Play -- "Almost Maine"
• Spring Musical -- "Mamma Mia!!"
• Spring Play -- "James & the Giant Peach"
What challenges did the Class of 2022 face as they returned to in-person school full time, and how did they overcome them:
Our students did a tremendous job navigating the ever-shifting mandates throughout the year. Their attentiveness to the health and safety of each other helped BHS to avoid major disruptions due to COVID.
Senior Class gift: School logos to be installed as part of summer renovations
What was new in 2021-22:
Renovated Art Gallery
Principal's reflections on the Class of 2022:
After the COVID disruptions of the past few years, the Class of 2022 has demonstrated a tremendous amount of unity this year. They have shown a tremendous amount of support at athletic and performing arts events. Attendance at dances and activities has also been outstanding."
-- Principal Steve McWilliams