Graduates in Class of 2022: 735
Graduation ceremony: Saturday, May 28, Now Arena, Hoffman Estates
Valedictorian: Rachel McClow
Salutatorian: Gino Santini
Graduation Speaker: Rachel McClow
Class Officers: Yuri You, president; Kristen Petratos, vice president; Brianna Yu, secretary; Chloe Beucler, treasurer; Tiffany Vitug and Sara Khan, historians.
• Chess team qualified for state for first time in school history.
• "Shrek The Musical"
• "Something Rotten"
• Naomi Ruff, four-time Cross Country State Qualifier
• Dylan Lainez, Boys Cross Country State Qualifier
• Boys Bowling team state qualifier
• Competitive Dance 9th place state finish
• Competitive Cheer 3rd place state finish
• Dom Schuleter, 8th place finish in boys swim 100 Freestyle
• Girls Basketball Sectional Finalist
• Upstate 8 conference championships: Boys Golf, Girls Golf, Girls Cross Country, Girls Volleyball, Football, Competitive Dance, Competitive Cheer, Girls Bowling, Girls Basketball.
What challenges did the Class of 2022 face as they returned to in-person school full time, and how did they overcome them: As we returned to in-person learning this year we understood there was going to be a period of adjustment, both academically and social-emotionally. However, I don't believe we anticipated the level of social emotional need that manifested from the previous year and a half. Many of our students struggled to self-regulate and de-escalate during the first semester. As the year progressed, I was so proud to see our students and teachers adapt to this "new normal" and ultimately excel in the classroom and through their various extra and co-curricular activities.
Principal's reflections on the Class of 2022: The Class of 2022 will always hold a special place in my heart. During their four years of high school, they really only had one "normal" year, with that being their Freshman year. Every year since has been uprooted by the pandemic. Taking that into consideration, it is truly remarkable to witness their perseverance, grit, and determination to recapture the essence and experience that only high school can offer. There is no doubt in my mind that this class will succeed in the future and we, as a society, will be in good hands with this generation leading the way.
-- Principal Kurt Johansen