Graduates in Class of 2022: 550
Graduation ceremony: Tuesday, May 24, College of DuPage
Graduation Speakers: Ximena Luna and Lea Angelakos
Class president: Teresa Gutierrez
Class Officers: Meg Augsburger, Henna Ayesh, Meera Aleem
• Seven Glenbard East seniors were recipients of the Raymond Livingston Awards, District 87's Humanitarian Award: Brynn Chambers, Brity Daji, Angel Garrett, Samantha Johnson, Nicolas Lamb, Ximena Luna and Jenna Tumlos.
• Six students were selected to the All-State level to participate in the 2022 Illinois Music Educators Conference (IMEC): Band -- Sofia Logacho, Bb Clarinet, and Lucas Logacho, Tuba; Future Music Educator Seminar --Fiona Bilkey, Kristin Crisostomo; Composition -- Jerry Cobos, "Layers," Rap/Hip-hop, 3rd Place; Lyel Pascasio, "bebegurl" Remix, 2nd Place & "Happy Journey."
• Four students were selected to the American Choral Directors Association's Midwestern Honor Choir: Liv Gomez -- Alto I; Lyel Pascasio -- Bass I; Kate Shuert (senior) -- Alto II; Hailey Mecenas -- Tenor I.
• Maeve Condon was selected to be on the costume crew of the Illinois High School Theatre Festival All-State production of "Cabaret."
• Six students were featured in the Illinois High School Art Education Association (IHSAE) Art Connected Regional Art Exhibition: Thalia Clouser, Dana Fernandez, Sophia Hoey, Allison Ihms and Julia Merrick.
• Math Team -- UEC Conference Champs and made it to State: Jason Cisnero, Anthony Nichols, Tyler Johnwick, Kiran Singh, Lou Grobart, Nathan Kuswanto, Nathan Gollins and Sebastian Gray. Geometry Team: Jason Cisnero, Alyssa Borbath, Leila Nehra, Kayla Hickman and Claire Flanagan. Algebra 2 Team: Anthony Nichols, Tyler Johnwick, Adeeb Baig, Kiran Singh and John Polyak. Pre-Calculus Team: Lou Grobart, Matthew Naughton, Nathan Kuswanto, Nathan Gollins, Samantha Johnson, Fynn Macshane, Sebastian Gray, Sean McMillian and Eddie Dzieza. Calculator Team: Gavin Macdonald, Jason Cisnero, Adeeb Baig, Lou Grobart and Nathan Gollins.
• Upstate 8 Literature Fest Honorable Mentions: Lauren Wilinski -- Slam Poetry; Rowen Chavez -- Poetry; Olivia Gomez -- Poetry.
• UEC Conference Champs Varsity Teams: Badminton, Boys Bowling, Girls Soccer, Girls Track & Field, Boys Volleyball, and Wrestling.
• IHSA Team State Qualifiers: Cheer, Boys Bowling, Badminton.
• Individual IHSA State qualifiers: Dahlia Leighton (wrestling 3rd place state medalist); Keeli Dunaway (girls track & field state qualifier); Robin Lenoir (girls track & field state qualifier); Julian Reyna (boys gymnastics state qualifier).
• "The Edge of Peace"
• "The Complete Works of William Shakespeare"
• "Too Much Light Makes the Baby Go Blind"
Senior Class gift: Decal design promoting connectedness and belonging, to be placed in the cafeteria.
What was new in 2021-22: Our recognition events (Senior Awards, Music Awards, Theater Awards, Scholarships, Commencement) were able to return to in-person events. Glenbard East hosted the District 87's inaugural Multicultural Night celebrating the rich diversity within our school communities.
What challenges did the Class of 2022 face as they returned to in-person school full time, and how did they overcome them:
The most significant challenge faced by the Class of 2022 was transitioning back to a full day of daily in person learning.
Reacclimating to a normal school day and year while having to remain masked for the first three quarters of the year was quite challenging.
There is a certain amount of stamina that is needed to successfully navigate a school day and year and the adjustment was challenging initially.
Principal's reflections on the Class of 2022:
What made this class special was their continued commitment to service. When they were needed the most they stepped up and volunteered their time. In all, the Class of 2022 participated in over 1,100 service activities and accumulated over 3,600 hours of service.
-- Principal Antoine Anderson