Aurora Central puts on 'Mamma Mia!' March 25-27
Aurora Central Catholic High School will stage its spring musical, "Mamma Mia!" March 25-27.
The public is invited to performances at the school, 1255 N. Edgelawn Drive in Aurora. Parking is free. Tickets are $10.
Performances will begin at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, March 25-26, and 3 p.m. Sunday, March 27.
Philip A. Nohl, ACC drama and choir director, directs the 44-member cast. He said the two-hour musical tells the story of a girl about to get married and her search for her father, one of three possible men.
The main lead character is Donna, portrayed by Sammi Schreiber of Aurora. She is preparing for her daughter's wedding with the help of two old friends. Sophie, the spirited bride, has a plan. She secretly invites three men from her mother's past in hope of meeting her real father and having him escort her down the aisle on her big day.
A stage musical by the group ABBA eventually became "Mamma Mia." The musical premiered in London's West End in 1999 and went on to open on Broadway in 2001. The show saw early success before it was adapted into the movie.
In addition to Schreiber, other leads are Drei Aquino, Hannah Bartlett, Jade Cervantes, all of Aurora; Joseph Lewis, Plano; Christian Reynolds, Sandwich; and Alaina Lech, Sugar Grove.
Student directors are Bryanna Fabian, Dany Nunez, Ella Wise, Emma Kleefish, Charlotte Lamar, Caleb Reynolds, Jillian File and Fiona Arado.
Recorded music includes iconic songs of ABBA. Concessions will be available.
Tickets are available at the door or can be reserved by calling (630) 907-0095. The deadline to reserve seats is March 24.
Cast members are:
• Aurora: Ryan Churchill, Catie Houck, Elijah Ochoa-M, Adela Ramirez, Alex Schwarz, Grace Smith, and Mary-Trea Wiesner
• Batavia: David Chambers, Brooke Feltes, and Navalth Wollnik
• Elburn: Maddie Hauser and Mia Ratini
• Geneva: Kayleigh McLane
• Montgomery: Mitchell Hiltenbrand and Hanna Pawlak
• North Aurora: Vera Indelli, Julianna Horsfall, Vera Indelli, Justin Kish, Faith Myles, Emily Nies, Emma Paris, Hannah Pripusich, and Colleen Siemann
• Oswego: Alex Gutierrez
• Plainfield: Emma Kasper
• Plano: Joseph Lewis and Amanda Lohrey