North Suburban YMCA Opens Summer Camp Registration
It's never too early to solidify your child's North Suburban YMCA summer camp spot as camps fill up quickly. Summer camp registration is now open for NSYMCA members and will open for non-members on December 20. To find out more about the Summer Camp programs, the Y will be hosting its annual Summer Camp Open House on Saturday, January 8 from 10 am - Noon at the Y facility at 2705 Techny Road in Northbrook.
The Summer Camp Open House offers families the chance to meet staff members as they explore the facility and learn about the wide variety of Y summer camp programs. There will also be a bounce house for preschoolers, a craft station, and games. Additionally, the Y will be holding a raffle to win one free week of camp, valued at $232, for any families submitting registration forms at the open house.
The NSYMCA offers a wide array of over 40 general and special interest day camps for children 1-years old through junior high. The 2022 Camp Brochure, available online at NSYMCA.org, details all the exciting options including specialty camps in art, music, dance, cooking, science, digital media, and more. All NSYMCA camp programs provide a welcoming, nurturing, and creative environment to support the development of each child. Y camps offer fun, active experiences that promote friendships, confidence, and curiosity. Campers take full advantage of the Y's indoor pool, large gyms, outdoor sports fields, and playgrounds. Many programs also include weekly field trips to exciting venues around the Chicago suburbs.
New programs for 2022 feature innovative camps for special interests including:
• Specialty Camps - All new specialty camps like Circus Camp, Lego Camp, Zombie Survival and Game On!, along with favorites from last year like Art Explorers, Battle Robots, Candy Chemistry, Pokemon, and more.
• Field Trip Camp - This year, the Y offers half-day and full-day Ultimate Destinations camp along with water park camp.
• Camp All Aboard - New this year, 1-year-olds with a parent or caregiver can now attend camp for two mornings per week.
• Sunset Camps -New camps for parents who work late into the afternoon.
• Dance Camp - Now a 4-week session, ending with a recital.
• Cooking Camps - Chef Rachel returns with 4 new culinary camp adventures, including camps based around popular television shows liked "Chopped" and "Nailed It."
• Full Day Navigators - For our oldest campers, Navigators is now full day only, allowing more time for travel, activities, and fun.
• Legends - Sports Camp has expanded adding a new camp group this year.
NSYMCA camps deliver flexibility and value that appeals to parents. Campers can sign up for sessions by the week, accommodating family schedules and allowing children to explore a variety of programs. The Y offers half-day and full-day camps, before and after-camp childcare, and payment plans; financial assistance is available for families in need.
All camp activities are run by highly trained counselors under the leadership of the Y's experienced professional staff. Camp Director Ricky Gonzalez is preparing for his third summer at the North Suburban YMCA, where he will manage a staff of 70 and oversee 40 summer camp programs. Ricky brings over 14 years of camp management experience to his role overseeing all Y camp programs.
NSYMCA Summer Day Camps begin on June 6, 2022. Registration is open now for Y members; December 20 for non-members. Early registration discounts are available until May 2, 2022. For complete information, visit https://nsymca.org/summer-camp or contact Ricky Gonzalez, email@example.com.
About the North Suburban YMCA
The North Suburban YMCA services Northbrook and 14 surrounding communities with programs and tools that help its residents become healthier, more connected, and confident, ensuring that everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. The NSYMCA focuses on Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility and is a charitable organization, inclusive and welcoming to all in our community. Learn more at NSYMCA.org.