Learn about the manufacturing agenda for 28 Chicago area mayoral candidates
The Technology & Manufacturing Association released the results from their 2021 Municipal Questionnaires. In total, 28 mayoral candidates from throughout the Chicago area completed and returned questionnaires. (Results at TMANews.com/Vote)
"Our local leaders have more of an impact on their communities than any politician in Springfield or Washington, D.C. That's why TMA surveyed mayoral candidates throughout Chicagoland to learn of their positions related to manufacturing and whether they were pursuing business-friendly policies," explained Steve Rauschenberger, president of TMA.
Candidates were asked their positions on ten key issues affecting manufacturers in their community. They were given the opportunity to explain why they were running and what they hoped to accomplish if elected. They were also able to list any local manufacturers supporting their candidacy and answer why all manufacturers should support them.
Rauschenberger concluded: "Manufacturers in Illinois have to face some of the toughest headwinds in the country due to bad policies coming out of Springfield, especially backbreaking taxes and onerous regulations. That's why it's heartening to see so much support for our manufacturers at the local level. Manufacturers are leading the effort to bring our economy back from this pandemic, and they need their local leaders to have their back."
Full results, as well as each candidate's completed questionnaire, can be viewed on TMANews.com/Vote.
Candidates participating include:
• Des Plaines -- Malcom Chester
• Crestwood -- John Toscas
• Crystal Lake -- Donald Kountz
• East Dundee -- Jeffrey Lynam
• Evanston -- Sebastian Nalls
• Hampshire -- Jeffrey Magnussen
• Hampshire -- Michael J. Reid, Jr.
• Hoffman Estates -- Bill McLeod
• Hoffman Estates -- Mark Mueller
• Lake Zurich -- Tom Poynton
• Lake Zurich -- Jeff Halen
• Lincolnwood -- Jesal Patel
• Lombard -- Reid Foltniewicz
• Lyons -- Christopher Getty
• Lyons -- Rich Gatz
• Mount Prospect -- William Grossi
• Mundelein -- Steve Lentz
• Mundelein -- Dawn Abernathy
• Orland Park -- Keith Pekau
• Plano -- Robert Hausler
• Roselle -- Davide Pileski
• Roselle -- Wayne Domke
• Spring Grove -- Mark Eisenberg
• Tinley Park -- Kevin Suggs
• Wauconda -- Sandra Jo McClain
• Waukegan -- Ann Taylor
• West Dundee -- Joseph Connell
• Wheeling -- Pat Horcher
• Wheeling -- Mark Smith
About TMA: Founded in 1925, the Technology & Manufacturing Association (TMA) represents and supports manufacturers in the Chicago metropolitan area and surrounding counties in northern Illinois, northern Indiana, and southern Wisconsin. TMA has almost 1,000 members and represents over 32,000 employees and nearly 26M square feet of manufacturing in Illinois.