Dundee-area libraries open July 6 with more services
The Dundee Library and Randall Oaks Library will open on Monday, July 6, with limited service.
Patrons are invited back to browse and make their selections for check out, but will be unable to linger or gather. Social distancing procedures will be practiced, and masks will be required to enter the library. The Dundee Library is at 555 Barrington Ave. (Route 68) in East Dundee. The Randall Oaks Library is located in the lower level of the Randall Oak Recreation Center, 500 N. Randall Road in West Dundee.
Following are more details on the status of the libraries' many services:
• License plate renewal will be available at the Dundee Library.
• Printing service will be available. Up to 20 pages can be printed for free. Email items to be printed and picked up at the Dundee Library to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email items to be printed and picked up at the Randall Oaks Library to email@example.com.
• Patrons can return materials to the book drop at the Dundee Library and the Randall Oaks Library.
• Laptops, hot spots, and Youth Services kits will be available for checkout.
• Free summer meals for youth, 18 or under, can be picked up curbside at the Dundee Library from noon to 1 p.m. weekdays.
• Tax forms will be available at the Dundee Library. Hard copies of 1040s are available, and the library will print up to 20 pages of other forms for free. Tax forms can also be printed at the Randall Oaks Library.
• Home delivery will continue.
• Notary service will be by appointment only at both locations. Please call (847) 428-3661 to make an appointment.
• Voter registration will be available at the Dundee Library.
• 3-D Printing will be available at the Dundee Library.
• Summer Reading Challenge prizes will be ready for pickup at both libraries starting Monday, July 27. All finishers will receive a book of their choice (and kids get a bonus goody bag!)
The services which are not available yet include: public computers; donations of books, DVDs, etc.; off-site book drops at Jewel and Culvers; faxing service; one-on-one in-person tech appointments (still available via Zoom or phone); on-site programs, classes, and story times; digital conversion equipment; scanning; and toys and games in the Youth Services Department.
The library has also temporarily updated their hours of operation. The Dundee Library will be open 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday to Thursday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday. The Randall Oaks Library will be open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, noon to 8 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday.
For information, visit www.frvpld.info or call (847) 428-3661.
The Fox River Valley Public Library District serves 70,000 residents of Carpentersville, East Dundee, West Dundee, Sleepy Hollow, Gilberts, and parts of Algonquin.