Planning process underway for renovation of Antioch village hall
Planning for the proposed renovation of the Village of Antioch's village hall is moving forward. The 1,557-square-foot building at 874 Main St. was heavily damaged last November when a driver crashed into the building's front facade.
In addition to serving as the center of the village of Antioch's municipal administration, the village hall also provides professional space for the Antioch Chamber of Commerce, whose area received the brunt of the impact.
The building, constructed in 1969, once served as the village's police station. It also housed the Antioch Public Library in the 1940s. This community fixture on the corner of Main and Orchard streets is also the site of the ongoing annual Christmas tree-lighting and Santa's Frozen Village each winter.
Over the past several months, staff have been working diligently with a local architect on refinement of renovation plans for the building's update, with best use and design in mind to meet the community's needs.
Claim resolution has also been ongoing with insurance companies for the extensive damage received last fall. Renovations are anticipated to begin this summer.
For more information and project updates, visit antioch.il.gov, or contact Community Development Director Michael Garrigan at (847) 395-1000, ext. 1311, or firstname.lastname@example.org.