Vitality Women's Physical Therapy & Wellness announces clinic reopenings
On June 1, Vitality Women's Physical Therapy & Wellness will reopen their clinics, located in Elmhurst and Chicago, for in-person physical therapy. New policies and procedures have been implemented to ensure patient safety as well as the protection of the physical therapists and other staff members. Vitality is limiting exposure to COVID-19 by following these steps:
• Pre-screening questionnaires will be completed by patients before visits. Upon arrival at the clinic, patients are again screened and then asked to use hand sanitizer and put on a surgical mask provided by Vitality.
• Temperature checks are performed with a clean and protected thermometer on everyone entering the clinic, including staff.
• Vitality has eliminated all unnecessary objects from the reception area and clinic space.
• The clinic is scheduling fewer patients at a time to allow for proper social distancing and the staggered use of treatment rooms.
• Only one therapist will be in each clinic at a time to allow the use of alternating rooms and to provide time for proper cleaning between patients.
• Vitality has arranged the clinic set-up to promote social distancing between staff members and patients/therapists as much as possible.
• An enhanced and thorough cleaning procedure will occur between patient visits, as well as at the start and end of the day.
In addition, Vitality will continue to update clinic protocols with the changing guidelines put forth by the Illinois Department of Health and the CDC as the pandemic becomes less of a threat.
Vitality will also continue to offer telehealth and will assess the need for in-person visits on a case-by-case basis. A hybrid plan of care will be utilized, which will include a mix of telehealth and in-person visits. As a result, Vitality will be able to limit the number of necessary in-person sessions to decrease the risk of exposure while still providing the highest level of care based on each patient's needs.
New and existing patients are encouraged to contact Vitality at (331) 215-4164 or via email at email@example.com. Additional information can be found on Vitality's website, www.vitalitywomenspt.com.