Elgin Area School District U-46 recognizes the top two percent of the Class of 2020 graduates
Elgin Area School District U-46 will virtually honor the academic success and accomplishments of graduating seniors who rank in the top two percent of their class at the onstart of Monday's June 1 online board of education meeting.
The 52 students are the top-achieving graduates from the district's five comprehensive high schools and are also featured as part of the district's Class of 2020 section and through a series of social media posts.
"These students who finish in the Top Two Percent of their class are there because of the time, effort, and dedication they put into their academic career," said Lela Majstorovic, Assistant Superintendent for Secondary Schools Instruction and Equity. "While the coronavirus has created much uncertainty in our lives, I am certain that these students are bright lights who will create so much good in the world."
The top two percent of graduating seniors are as follows:
• Bartlett High School: Riyana Chacko, Ishan Desai, Ritwick Dwivedi, Anuj Gandhi, Sydney Kelly, Jack Kline, Zev Meyer, Samuel Sampey, Garima Shah, Priya Shah, Rushabh Shah, and Sareena Shah
• Elgin High School: Lindsey Anderson, Asiyah Arastu, Roshan Betkerur, Trevor Heydt, Brendan Lemezis, Shivam Patel, Tamara Sarmiento, Jessica Thomas, Sarah Welch, and Elizabeth Wynn
• Larkin High School: Natalia Benesiewicz, Nayeli Castillo-Tristani, Isaac Exline, Brynne Farnsworth, Eric Flores, Gillian Lee, Adrianne Sevilla, Sara Spade, and Rebecca Winer
• South Elgin High School: Tristan Cruz, Mahima Dave, Kristin Delaney, Ryan Harvey, Andrew Jo, Penny Kapadoukakis, Pranav Khare, Kaleigh LaRue, Elijah Lopez, Kaitlyn Petratos, Brandon Snipe, Alexandra Spires, and Haley Szymczak
• Streamwood High School: Zoe Becker, Peyton Hedger, Victoria Kopko, Jenna Manzano, Fhel Vince Mejia, Sonya Padilla, Ariana Ruth Vega, and Angelo Santos
The top two percent of seniors from the five comprehensive high schools will be recognized virtually for their academic achievements at the 7 p.m. via the Zoom Board of Education meeting June 1 (https://zoom.us/j/96500723137 ) and on the U-46 Class of 2020 webpage and on the district Facebook beginning June 2.