Countryside Fire District receives CO detector donation
Countryside Fire Protection District has accepted a donation of Carbon Monoxide (CO)detectors from the Illinois Fire Safety Alliance. Countryside Fire will install these CO detectors in homes with in the fire district who demonstrate a need due to natural gas in the home and/or an attached garage. Like smoke alarms, CO detectors should be on every level of your home, but away from the furnace, dryer and other appliances using natural gas. If you have an attached garage, pull your vehicle out of the garage onto the driveway when warming vehicle during winter months. Carbon monoxide is emitted from the vehicle exhaust which can enter the home if warming vehicle in garage.
Carbon monoxide is an odorless and invisible gas that causes flu like symptoms, dizziness and nausea due to incomplete combustion of natural gas appliances or vehicle exhaust.
Be sure to have your furnace checked annually as cold weather approaches, keep dryer vents clear of lint and you should have clean burn blue flames on your stove top.
For more information go to www.countrysidefire.com or contact Tony Rodkey at (847)367-5511