Thirty-six pieces of artwork created by Elgin Community College students will be on display through Sunday, July 29, as part of the college's annual ECC Student Juried Art Exhibition.
The exhibit is free and open to the public. Individuals interested in viewing the artwork can visit the exhibit Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. in the Renner Library Hallway Gallery in Building C, 1700 Spartan Drive, Elgin.
This year, the submitted artwork was juried by Carrie Johnson, curator at the Rockford Art Museum, during the artist reception and award ceremony held on Wednesday, May 2.
Prior to the reception, ECC students, administrators, faculty, staff and community members voted to name "Art School" by Norma Santaolaya of Streamwood as the People's Choice award-winning piece.
Additional award-winning pieces included:
• Best of Show: "Trapped, but I'll find a way out" by Christian Quesada of South Elgin;
• First place, 2-D: "Loop" by Bo Russell;
• Second place, 2-D: "Serenading Sarah" by Mary Sheehan of Algonquin;
• First place, 3-D: "Silent Hunter" by John Benchley of Elgin;
• Second place, 3-D: "Cattywampus Boonfizel" by Kenneth Guth of South Elgin;
• Honorable mention: "The Old Man" by Lance Lagoni of Elgin;
• Honorable mention: "Platon Inspired" by Kristen Flojo of Gilberts;
• Honorable mention: "Time/Motion" by Mike Pohlman of Hampshire.
Exhibition pamphlets and award recipient show cards are available in the ECC art gallery. Some of the artists' work may be available for purchase after the exhibit ends.
For inquiries regarding the artworks or artists included within the exhibition, contact Amanda Voltz, ECC gallery curator and manager, at (847) 214-7405 or firstname.lastname@example.org.