Prep Football | Heart-stopping 2015 semifinal win for Libertyville
A look back at Libertyville's 2015 Class 7A state football semifinal win over Bradley-Bourbonnais.
Columns | The story was Lees, Libertyville and a blizzard they whippedThe stats -- total inches of snowfall, windchill temperature -- elude me. If I recall correctly, 39 inches of snow blanketed the northern part of Illinois on Saturday, Nov. 21, 2015, and the wind chill was a matching minus-39 degrees. Sure seemed like it, anyway.
Girls' Basketball | Team bond helped Buffalo Grove win 2000 state titleA look back at Buffalo Grove's 60-51 overtime win against Chicago Washington in the 2000 Class AA state girls basketball championship game.
Columns | Hamma, Guth reflect on Buffalo Grove's 2000 state championshipLindsey Hamma and Allison Guth reflect on Buffalo Grove's girls basketball state title twenty years ago at Illinois State.
Boys' Basketball | PODCAST: Tailgating with Dave and Kevin (and Orrin)PODCAST: Benet basketball legend Sean O'Mara joins this week's Tailgating with Dave and Kevin from Japan to talk about his professional career amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Prep Sports | Youth sports facing a 'bitter pill to swallow'It's not just high school spring sports that have been sidelined by the COVID-19 pandemic with hundreds of youth baseball, softball, soccer and basketball teams in a holding pattern.
Prep Sports | IHSA's Anderson updates schools on the state of spring sportsSpring remains a time of hope, according to IHSA Executive Director Craig Anderson
Girls' Basketball | Local AAU basketball programs at a standstillHere's a look at the effect the COVID-19 pandemic is having on local Amateur Athletic Union basketball programs.
Prep Sports | Glenbard South hoping for a second start for its boys volleyball programIf high school spring sports can resume this season, Glenbard South's boys volleyball program won't be starting over. The Raiders will get a second chance to get started.
Columns | Rogers or Dugalic? Both have a case for being the bestWho was the best girls basketball player in Illinois this season? Our experts make the case for Lake Park senior Darrione Rogers and Maine West's Angela Dugalic.
- 6:39 PMNFL Draft: Will OT options be too good for Bears to pass in Round 2?
- 6:35 PMAP source: Browns signing free agent Clayborn to 2-year deal
- 6:32 PMSteelers not concerned about limited pre-draft preparation
- 6:27 PM6-man rotations? Piggybacking starters? Pitching, post virus
- 6:10 PMFamiliarity helped Harris Jr., Bulaga choose Chargers
More Prep Sports
- Girls' BasketballGeneva's second Hart Stopper an impossible act to beat
- Prep SportsBusy families adjusting to spring without sports
- Girls' BasketballGeneva repeated the feat with thriller against Montini
- Prep SportsBaseball: Wauconda graduates Mascheri and Malisheski helping each other reach lofty goals
- Boys' BasketballBuffalo Grove-Meadows game provided an electric atmosphere
- Boys' BasketballMeadows' double-overtime classic win over Buffalo Grove was exhilarating
- Prep SportsLocal elite athletes' quest for records put on hold
- Prep FootballMontini downed Joliet Catholic in record-setting 2011 Class 5A title game
- Prep FootballThose in the press box at this 2011 game were shaking their heads
- Boys' BasketballHow Elgin stunned nationally-ranked LaLumiere of Indiana in 2011
- Boys' BasketballElgin's win over La Lumiere was a night to remember
- Prep FootballMaine West tabs Klupchak as new coach
- Boys' BasketballPODCAST: Tailgating with Dave and Kevin (and Orrin)
- Prep SportsLocal Olympic athletes, hopefuls say decision to postpone Games was right one
- Girls' BasketballLooking back: Naperville Central-Naperville North 2018 regional game was a classic
Inside Prep Sports