Prep Sports | Boys swimming teams dealing with season put on pause
Like the rest of winter sports, boys swimming is on hold. When might it resume? What are swimmers doing to stay in shape? What did coaches learn from the fall girls season?
Columns | Radtke: Keeping hope alive for a winter sports season is all we can do right nowAs we enter a Thanksgiving week like none other we've seen in our lifetime, high school sports in Illinois are on "pause." And, for the first time in the past month, the Illinois High School Association is acknowledging that fact, choosing last week to also put on pause its defiance of public health guidelines.
Boys' Basketball | Wheeling's Terrell still pushing to play in collegeThe ripple effects of COVID-19 on college recruiting have swept up Wheeling basketball star Jaden Terrell, but he vows to keep working and stay focused on his future.
Girls' Basketball | Relief, excitement for Benet's SheehanBenet's Molly Sheehan will play college basketball at Valparaiso next year.
Columns | Pepsi commercial puts Elgin native Sheldon back in front of the cameraLife in the fast lane has always suited Dan Sheldon. The former Burlington Central High School and Northern Illinois University football standout is now living in Southern California and recently was featured in a Pepsi commercial during NFL games.
Prep Football | Bartlett's Palella picks Central MichiganBartlet senior Alec Palella will play college football at Central Michigan.
Prep Sports | Start date for winter sports up in the air after IHSA board hits pauseThe Illinois High School Association board of directors on Thursday issued a pause on all winter sports and activities by Friday, in order to maintain compliance with the most recent mitigations issued by Gov. J.B. Pritzker.
Girls' Basketball | Benet's Moriarty makes it official, signs with NebraskaBenet's Kendall Moriarty will play college basketball at Nebraska.
Prep Sports | Another Cummings at Schaumburg Christian gets a volleyball scholarshipSchaumburg Christian senior volleyball player Lauren Cummings, the third of four sisters, is keeping her family's strong tradition alive by becoming the third straight sister to get a college scholarship for volleyball.
Columns | Former Hampshire, NIU standout Smith having a winning run coaching in FloridaFormer Hampshire and Northern Illinois basketball standout Stephanie Smith is now in her third year as the head coach of the Braden River High School girls basketball team in Bradenton, Fla.
Girls' Basketball | Aurora Christian's Griffin eyes bright future at VirginiaAurora Christian senior Anna Griffin has decided to play college basketball at Virginia.
- 10:56 AMNo. 7 Cincinnati at Temple canceled because of virus issues
- 10:43 AMJags bench rookie QB Luton, switch to vet Glennon vs. Browns
- 8:26 AMSoftBank Hawks sweep Yomiuri Giants for Japan Series title
- 8:17 AMBoris Becker leaves role at German Tennis Federation
- 7:42 AMSports minister: Australian Open 'most likely' to be delayed
More Prep Sports
- NewsATHLETE OF THE WEEK, SPONSORED BY GIOSTAR CHICAGO: KEVIN O'REGAN, GLENBROOK NORTH
- NewsBasketball, other winter sports, take a full-court break
- NewsFalk finishes fourth to cap his Illinois cross country season
- Prep SportsIHSA's Anderson acknowledges sports are on hold
- Prep FootballFenton's Moreno honored for community service
- Girls' GymnasticsTrio of gymnasts make history for Midwest Elite Academy
- Prep SportsFormer Grayslake North cheerleader finds new passion in the weight room
- Girls' BasketballWhat affect does canceling sports have on students' mental health?
- Prep SportsSigning Day: Suburban athletes ink their National Letter of Intent
- Boys' BasketballIt's a Sparty Party for Rolling Meadows' Christie
- Prep SportsIHSA board meeting reaches no conclusion on basketball season
- Boys' BasketballFormer Evanston standout Bost shot and killed in Chicago
- Prep SportsADs debate change to waiver rule
- Girls' BasketballAs basketball season nears, clock keeps ticking to make decisions
- Prep FootballFormer Maine South standout Skoronski gets immediate opportunity at Northwestern
Inside Prep Sports