Girls' Basketball | Alcala leads Glenbard South past East Aurora in gritty effort
Throughout Thursday's physical and turnover-filled game between the top two teams in the Upstate Eight Conference, Glenbard South's Sofia Alcala made several pivotal plays to spark the Raiders to a 39-29 victory over East Aurora.
Boys' Basketball | Boys basketball: Handy, Meadows have blast in blowout win over HerseyWith a blowout in over Hersey on Thursday night, the Rolling Meadows boys basketball team moved themselves a step closer to a third straight MSL East Division title. The team can clinch a berth in February's MSL championship game by beating Buffalo Grove at home Tuesday night
Boys' Basketball | Boys basketball: Suchy, Fremd flip switch in nailbiting win over BarringtonCaiden Suchy and Fremd flipped on the lights Thursday. Suchy was stuck in the bench in the first half in foul trouble. He escaped to score all of his ten points in the second half to lead the Vikings to a thrilling 62-60 win over Barrington in Palatine.
Prep Wrestling | Boys wrestling: McHenry bests Dundee-Crown 54-19, wins Fox Valley Conference titleMcHenry's boys wrestling team's hard work paid off as the team accomplished its first goal of the season, finishing 9-0 in the FVC and winning the conference title with a 54-19 win over Dundee-Crown on Thursday night.
Girls' Gymnastics | Girls gymnastics: Libertyville edges Mundelein in North Suburban Conference meetLibertyville edged runner-up Mundelein 139.5-139.45 for the North Suburban Conference title, but Libertyville and third-place Warren (139.25) tied for the overall championship because Kovac's Blue Devils finished first during the NSC's regular season.
Girls' Basketball | Slagle explodes for 16 points, 14 rebounds as Geneva outlasts St. Charles NorthAfter a missed St. Charles North 3-pointer in the final seconds, Geneva senior forward Lauren Slagle fittingly was the one to corral the ball at the end of the Vikings' 54-46 victory over the North Stars on Thursday.
Boys' Basketball | St Edward holds off Ridgewood rallySt. Edward withstood a Ridgewood second-half rally to win the Metro Suburban Red Division game 54-42 Thursday night in Elgin. With the victory, the Green Wave moved into a first-place tie with Ridgewood.
Boys' Basketball | Fox boys basketball notes: Lothery, Harvest Christian soaring to new heightsHarvest Christian Academy might be one of the smallest high schools in the area with an enrollment of 165 (according to the IHSA).
Boys' Basketball | Naperville Central snaps 9-game skid with win at St. Charles EastStuck in the throes of a 9-game losing streak, Naperville Central basketball coach Pete Kramer decided it was time to go off the grid so to speak.
Boys' Basketball | Cook County boys basketball notes: Prospect's pilot program helps with mental toughnessAthletes and their coaches are always looking to improve their focus and concentration.
Girls' Basketball | St. Viator's rally falls shortJust when St. Viator's girls basketball team was making a move in the middle of the final quarter, Marist dug in and was able to close out a 42-34 victory at the Cahill Gymnasium on Wednesday night in Arlington Heights.
Boys' Basketball | Wheaton Warrenville South's Meredith shines in shootout settingWheaton Warrenville South senior forward Braylen Meredith picked a good time to produce one of his best games of the season.
- 11:55 PMGeneva wins DuKane meet, claims first conference title since 2017
- 11:13 PMWW South snaps Geneva's 15-game streak, takes control of DuKane race
- 11:10 PMCrystal Lake Central girls pass BC in FVC standings; Rocket boys win as Scharnowski reaches 1,000
- 11:01 PMBartlett's depth shines at Elgin
- 10:46 PMFremd wins at Palatine, stays perfect in MSL West
More Prep Sports
- Girls' GymnasticsGeneva wins DuKane meet, claims first conference title since 2017
- Boys' BasketballWW South snaps Geneva's 15-game streak, takes control of DuKane race
- Girls' BasketballCrystal Lake Central girls pass BC in FVC standings; Rocket boys win as Scharnowski reaches 1,000
- Boys' BasketballBartlett's depth shines at Elgin
- Girls' BasketballFremd wins at Palatine, stays perfect in MSL West
- Girls' BasketballProspect edges Hersey to tie for MSL East lead
- Boys' BasketballAurora Christian avenges St. Francis setback
- Boys' BasketballLake Park builds 21-point lead on Batavia, wins by 2
- Boys' BasketballChtilianov, Waubonsie Valley slam Metea
- Boys' BasketballStevenson's Ambrose wins 500th game
- Boys' BasketballWilder, Ivy spark Larkin's win at Fenton in new roles
- Girls' BasketballCarmel cruises to win on senior night
- Boys' BasketballGlenbrook North tradition: When taking a dive is a good thing
- Prep SportsCoach: For high school hoops fans, this is the best time of year
- Girls' BasketballGirls basketball: Glenbrook South tops Loyola 36-35
Inside Prep Sports