Prep Football | Defensive stands help Palatine upset No. 1 Maine South
A pair of defensive stands sparked Palatine to a 20-19 upset win over top-ranked Maine South at Chic Anderson Stadium in Palatine Friday night.
Prep Football | Football / Top 20 / How they fared in Week 4No. 1 Maine South was upset by Palatine, while Neuqua Valley, Warren, Cary-Grove and Glenbard West all won their Week 4 football games this weekend.
Prep Sports | Girls golf: Stevenson outshoots Glenbrook South to win at ArboretumStevenson's team, St. Charles North's Catie Nekola and Glenbrook South's Effie Perakis took top honors Saturday at the Stevenson girls golf invite, played at The Arboretum in Buffalo Grove.
Prep Football | Buffalo Grove (4-0) rolls by Niles NorthBuffalo Grove moved to 4-0 on the season after Friday night's 67-17 win over visiting Niles North. The Bison rushed for 10 TDs in the contest.
Prep Sports | Boys soccer: Fremd's win over Naperville North concludes successful weekend for VikingsFresh off its 2-1 victory over nationally-ranked Marquette U-High in Milwaukee on Friday night, the Fremd boys soccer team rode into state power Naperville North Saturday afternoon and recorded a 1-0 nonconference win over the Huskies.
Prep Sports | Diamond, Parisi help Benet keep pace behind Crystal Lake CentralCrystal Lake Central, expected to be a formidable obstacle in Class 2A girls cross country, denied the Redwings the team title behind individual champion Hadley Ferrero and four complementary teammates in the top 20 to secure a 45-58 triumph over Benet.
Prep Football | Libertyville sets school record for points; Stevenson grabs 1st winThe Libertyville football team scored enough points in its North Suburban Conference win against Waukegan Friday to last most teams multiple weeks. The Wildcats were 76-6 winners over the visiting Bulldogs -- the 76 points establishing a new program record for most points scored in a game, besting the previous mark of 70 set in a 1923 (yes, 1923) contest against New Trier.
Prep Sports | Girls tennis: Stevenson carves up the competition at Prospect inviteFirst-year Stevenson girls tennis coach Jose Morales sells medical devices when he isn't guiding a talent-packed team of Patriots. Saturday, at the Prospect "Power 8" invite, he must have thought often about the sales job as his top singles player, sophomore Sarah Wang, struck pure shot after pure shot against Glenbrook North freshman Katelyn Wu in the championship match at No. 1.
Prep Football | Glenbard West celebrates general's return with blowout victoryWith senior leader Nico D'Argento returning from injury to play for the first time this season, Glenbard West scored a decisive victory against visiting Proviso West to remain undefeated on the football season.
Prep Football | Batavia blows past Lake ParkQuarterback Ryan Boe connected with Eric Newberry for the senior wide receiver's third touchdown of the opening half -- this one a 67-yard catch and run with seven seconds left -- helping Batavia to a convincing 42-8 victory in DuKane Conference action Friday night.
- 8:19 PMNo. 6 Clemson uses goal-line stand to hold off Georgia Tech
- 8:10 PMSamford holds off Western Carolina in Southern opener, 42-37
- 8:07 PMAP Source: Eichel to report for Sabres' pre-camp physical
- 7:53 PMDiamond, Parisi help Benet keep pace behind Crystal Lake Central
- 7:47 PMKelly ties Rockne as No. 12 Irish hold off Purdue 27-13
More Prep Sports
- Prep FootballMake it 24 straight league wins for Willowbrook
- Prep FootballA milestone victory for Cary-Grove coach Seaburg
- Prep FootballHoffman Estates hands Vernon Hills first loss
- Prep FootballFremd suffers tough loss to Evanston
- Prep FootballGeneva hands Wheaton Warrenville South a narrow defeat
- Prep FootballProspect lights up scoreboard vs. Maine West
- Prep FootballHersey dominant in win over Glenbrook North
- Prep FootballMartino leads Huntley past Burlington Central
- Prep FootballElgin stuns Streamwood in final seconds
- Prep FootballWin against St. Charles North leaves Wheaton North smiling
- Prep FootballYork tops Downers Grove North in battle of unbeatens
- Prep FootballCarlson, Johnson, Ruchaj combine to lift Kaneland to win
- Prep FootballArt powers Grant over Round Lake
- Prep FootballA special victory for Domschke, Neuqua Valley vs. Naperville North
- Prep FootballPenalties plague Barrington in loss to Glenbrook South
Inside Prep Sports