Columns | Longtime Warren coach Dawson leaves legacy of grateful athletes
Longtime Warren boys cross country and track coach Bill Dawson died on Sept. 11 of esophageal cancer. He leaves a legacy of runners whose lives are changed for the better because of his direction and encouragement.
Prep Football | Mixed emotions after governor's prep sports commentsIllinois ADs react to Governor J.B. Pritzker's comments this week about high school sports in the state.
Columns | IHSA's Anderson reacts to Pritzker's comments on high school sportsIHSA executive director Craig Anderson on Tuesday responded to comments from Gov. J.B. Pritzker concerning the state of high school sports. Anderson also addressed issues concerning the future.
Prep Sports | IHSA makes significant adjustments to sport guidelinesThe Illinois High School Association board of directors met virtually for their regularly scheduled meeting on Monday, where the board approved several updates to the IHSA Return To Activities guidelines, while also providing guidance on the IHSA's independent team participation rule for the 2020-21 school year.
Prep Sports | Girls volleyball teams adjusting to new fall routineIt's been a season of adjustment for girls volleyball coaches and players whose season has been switched from the fall to spring because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Prep Sports | Girls golf: Lake Zurich's Pouyat turns hard work into positive resultsTo say Lake Zurich girls golf coach Mel Fox has been impressed with the approach junior Kiana Pouyat has taken to her game, might be a tad of an understatement.
Prep Sports | Girls cross country: Grant's Negovetich picks up where she left offGrant girls cross country standout Aly Negovetich hasn't missed yet this fall.
News | Glen Ellyn boy fundraising to save college gymnasticsLouie Diab, an 11-year-old from Glen Ellyn, is raising money Saturday in support of collegiate men's gymnastics programs.
Prep Sports | Smith golf outing coming up; several announce HOF classesThe second annual John M. Smith golf outing is Sept. 27; three organizations annouce Hall of Fame classes.
Prep Sports | Girls volleyball: Barrington's Paris, Horwath make elite national rankingsChildhood friends Campbell Paris and Jessica Horwath, now sophomores at Barrington, both were named to Prep Volleyball's Top 150 team. They started for the Fillies last year as freshmen and now anxiously await the spring of 2021 for their sophomore year.
- 2:10 AMStars, Lightning tied 1-1 heading into game 3
- 1:41 AMPirates look to break 5-game skid against Cubs
- 1:41 AMNew York's Urshela puts 10-game hit streak on the line against Blue Jays
- 1:41 AMNew York hosts Tampa Bay, looks to build on deGrom's strong outing
- 1:41 AMWalsh takes 13-game hit streak into matchup with Padres
More Prep Sports
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Teams welcoming athletes from other sports this fall
- Prep SportsBoys cross country: Warren mourns death of longtime coach Dawson
- Prep SportsSt. Charles East's Daeschler returns for final campaign
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Hersey's record-setting Ohr continues to improve
- Prep SportsClubhouse Chatter: List your top 5 (or so) baseball players in Chicago history.
- Girls' BasketballBasketball teams gather again, though future remains up in the air
- Prep FootballFour Lake County football players make college decisions
- Prep SportsGirls swimming: North Suburban Conference finds a way to run relay events
- NewsCoach's Corner: Teaching physical education remotely is a big challenge
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Competition continues with modified schedules
- Prep SportsFormer Schaumburg athletic director Gary Scholz dies at 90
- Prep SportsGirls cross country: No state title defense, but Benet still motivated
- Prep SportsBoys cross country: Doetsch leads Jacobs to undefeated start
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Stevenson among the many adjusting to new rules
- Wheaton'We want football now': Parents, students in Wheaton demand return to in-person learning
Inside Prep Sports