White Sox | Two White Sox players test positive for coronavirus
The White Sox on Sunday announced two players tested positive for COVID-19. Both are asymptomatic and isolating in Chicago.
Latest Sports Videos
Bears | Bears didn't want to let go of Trevathan's leadershipThe Bears had a tough call to make at the end of last season. Linebacker Nick Kwiatkoski played well in relief of injured starter Danny Trevathan, but the team felt leadership was the deciding factor.
Cubs | Cubs pitching coach back from illness, understands concern about restartCubs pitching coach Tommy Hottovy has recovered well enough from COVID-19 to be back on the job. Now he wants to get all his pitchers are ready to go in case a setback knocks someone out.
Columns | Rozner: Return of sports not happy day for allIt already feels like some sports are not going to survive abbreviated seasons as noise grows and those rooting against sports get louder.
Columns | Does shortened exhibition season slant the field on Bears QB competition?Fewer preseason games this year, coupled with missing offseason workouts, minicamps and OTAs, means it will be that much harder for teams with new coaches and new players to iron out the kinks.
Prep Sports | Clubhouse Chatter: What makes Chicago a great sports city?Clubhouse Chatter: What makes Chicago a great sports city?
Cubs | Hendricks says Cubs pitchers stayed ready during hiatusNo runs were scored in the Cubs' initial scrimmage of summer camp, but pitcher Kyle Hendricks tossed 3 innings and reported most of the Cubs pitchers were able to stay in their routine during the hiatus.
College Sports | Coronavirus testing a stress threat for athletic budgetsColleges might have to pay into the hundreds of thousands of dollars to have their football players and other athletes tested for coronavirus
Pro Sports | Dash down Reign 2-0 in NWSL's Challenge CupKristie Mewis and Shea Groom scored to give the Houston Dash a 2-0 victory over OL Reign on Saturday night in the group stage of the NWSL's Challenge Cup tournament
Sports | AP PHOTOS: No Wimbledon champs in 2020, but plenty in pastWIMBLEDON, England (AP) - When one thinks of Wimbledon, one thinks of royalty - the sort that sits in the Royal Box and hands out the trophies, and the sort that earns the right to accept that championship hardware. There will be no tennis royalty or tennis champions at the All England Club in 2020, though. There are no matches at all.
- 5:50 PMMadrid moves closer to Spanish title with 7th straight win
- 4:54 PMTeenage substitute Juwara helps Bologna beat Inter 2-1
- 4:03 PMCorrea asks wife to stay out of salons until season ends
- 3:48 PMZenit St. Petersburg wins Russian Premier League title
- 3:25 PMLiverpool makes triumphant Anfield return as English champ
- Prep FootballThe group providing key advice in IHSA's effort to bring back sports
- Prep SportsHersey's Methner wins Gatorade award
- Girls' BasketballHampshire's Bannerman chooses Davidson
- Prep SportsIs it a good thing summer games have been lost?
- Prep SportsMontini names new basketball, wrestling coaches
- Prep FootballIHSA has eyes on Phase 2 to return to play. What progress have other states made?
- Prep SportsQuestions abound, but IHSA optimistic about return of sports
- IndianaFamily: Hoffman soccer star Ken Snow believed he had lingering COVID-19 but didn't get tested
- ElginUpstate Eight adds hate speech protocol
- Prep FootballPending IDPH approval, IHSA rolls out Stage 2 Return to Play plan
- Prep SportsHoffman Estates soccer legend Ken Snow dies
- Prep FootballPODCAST: Tailgating with Kevin and Orrin
- Prep SportsIHSA releases Stage 1 guidelines for resuming high school sports
- Prep SportsNFHS issues reopening guidelines
- Prep SportsClubhouse Chatter: What makes Chicago a great sports city?
Through the Film Magnifier: Doug Buffone, Cloris Leachman, draft registration, aerobics class and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Iranian Hostage freed, Pee Wee baseball, Jim Harbaugh Bruce Sutter and more