Columns | Schwarber takes benching in stride
Cubs manager David Ross wouldn't disclose the reason why he pulled Kyle Schwarber from Sunday's loss to Minnesota. But Schwarber accepted blame for a poor defensive play in left field.
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | Rozner: Wanting fans at games doesn't make Bears evilThe Bears are aware that they can't get fans back in the stands until granted permission from the many ruling powers.
Cubs | Bryant hurt, Schwarber redeems in Chicago Cubs victoryKris Bryant left with an injury, Kyle Schwarber had a big return and Jon Lester continued his hot streak, all in the course of the Chicago Cubs' 5-0 victory at Pittsbugh on Monday night.
Cubs | Quintana ready for return to Cubs' starting rotationLeft-hander Jose Quintana will get his first start of the season Tuesday in Pittsburgh after two stints on the injured list. He's pitched just six innings total.
Sports | Chicago Bears still have work to be doneChicago Bears show improvement in Sunday's 17-13 victory over the New York Giants at Soldier Field, but there still is more to be done.
Prep Sports | Girls volleyball teams adjusting to new fall routineIt's been a season of adjustment for girls volleyball coaches and players whose season has been switched from the fall to spring because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Columns | Longtime Warren coach Dawson leaves legacy of grateful athletesLongtime Warren boys cross country and track coach Bill Dawson died on Sept. 11 of esophageal cancer. He leaves a legacy of runners whose lives are changed for the better because of his direction and encouragement.
NFL | AP source: NFL fines 3 coaches, clubs for unmasked coachesA person with knowledge of the punishment tells The Associated Press that at least three NFL coaches and their teams have been fined because their coaches weren't wearing face coverings on the sidelines at all times
College Sports | No. 1 Clemson, Swinney worried about COVID during bye weekClemson coach Dabo Swinney's biggest bye-week worry for the top-ranked Tigers is COVID-19
- 2:10 AMStars, Lightning tied 1-1 heading into game 3
- 1:41 AMPirates look to break 5-game skid against Cubs
- 1:41 AMNew York's Urshela puts 10-game hit streak on the line against Blue Jays
- 1:41 AMNew York hosts Tampa Bay, looks to build on deGrom's strong outing
- 1:41 AMWalsh takes 13-game hit streak into matchup with Padres
- Prep SportsLongtime Warren coach Dawson leaves legacy of grateful athletes
- Prep FootballMixed emotions after governor's prep sports comments
- Prep FootballIHSA's Anderson reacts to Pritzker's comments on high school sports
- Prep SportsIHSA makes significant adjustments to sport guidelines
- Prep SportsGirls swimming: Schaumburg's Mollin still has Olympic dreams
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball teams adjusting to new fall routine
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Lake Zurich's Pouyat turns hard work into positive results
- Prep SportsGirls cross country: Grant's Negovetich picks up where she left off
- Downers GroveGlen Ellyn boy fundraising to save college gymnastics
- Prep SportsSmith golf outing coming up; several announce HOF classes
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Barrington's Paris, Horwath make elite national rankings
- Prep SportsWheeling native Newman played major role in Yankees' success
- Prep SportsClubhouse Chatter: Are you enjoying watching sports on TV with no fans?
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Teams welcoming athletes from other sports this fall
- Prep SportsBoys cross country: Warren mourns death of longtime coach Dawson
Images; Through the Film Magnifier: Carlton Fisk, The Kingston Trio, Dudley Moore, a beard contest and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Bill Veeck, George Hamilton, Bridge Club, Stateville Prison riot and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Doug Buffone, Cloris Leachman, draft registration, aerobics class and more