White Sox | Abreu accepts $17.8 million offer to stay with White Sox
First baseman Jose Abreu has accepted a $17.8 million qualifying offer to remain with the Chicago White Sox next year. Abreu led the American League with 123 RBI this season.
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | Bears-Rams a study in how tough it is to stay on topEleven months ago, the Los Angeles Rams came to town on top of the NFC West and looking like the ultimate test for an upstart Bears team that had rattled off a five-game winning streak to climb to 8-3 before losing the previous Sunday in a game they gave away to the struggling New York Giants. The Rams had a similar start a year earlier under rookie head coach Sean McVay, going 11-5 to claim an NFC West title after a 4-12 2016 campaign, and they arrived in Chicago at 11-1, the class of the NFC.
Blackhawks | Dach's lack of ice time a bit concerningAlthough he has scored a pair of goals, Chicago Blackhawks rookie Kirby Dach has averaged less than 10 minutes of ice time in his last half-dozen appearances. That's probably not enough for Dach to grow his game the way he should, writes John Dietz.
Blackhawks | Small change yielding big results for BlackhawksA subtle change to the Chicago Blackhawks' system in their defensive zone is going a long way in helping the team break out of its offensive funk. John Dietz explains.
Fire | Fire trades homegrown Lillard to Inter MiamiThe Chicago Fire traded Grant Lillard to expansion side Inter Miami. Lillard is from Hinsdale.
Bulls | White's great quarter shouldn't cloud Bulls' big pictureThe Bulls were still buzzing Wednesday about Coby White's amazing fourth-quarter shooting against the New York Knicks. But White's performance in the previous eight games is reason to pump the brakes.
Columns | O'Donnell: Jimmy de Castro will carry his oversight of The Score into OTJim O'Donnell says Jimmy de Castro will be sticking around at least a little longer at sports talk WSCR-AM.
Bulls | Arcidiacono's faith in White pays off in viral clipRyan Arcidiacono's faith in Coby White was rewarded. As White launched his fifth 3-pointer of the fourth quarter, Arcidiacono raised his arms in celebration and turned his back before the ball even hit the basket.
Fire | Fire housecleaning includes Paunovic, other coaches and moreThe Chicago Fire announced Wednesday it has dismissed coach Veljko Paunovic and most of the team's soccer operations staff.
Cubs | Former White Sox pitcher Farquhar backs up claims of sign-stealing by AstrosThe Houston Astros reportedly used a camera to steal signs during home games in 2017, a charge that's been backed up by former Chicago White Sox relief pitcher Danny Farquhar.
Columns | West Chicago soccer team 'brought a whole community together'Bringing people together, that's WeGo and Benet soccer
- 8:48 PMNunn, Adebayo lead Heat past Cavaliers 108-97
- 8:16 PMJones, Evans lead No. 9 Louisville past Central Michigan
- 8:12 PMParity doesn't bode well for Big 12 playoff push
- 8:09 PMGirls swimming and diving: Barrington sectional field extremely competitive
- 8:08 PMKane nets hat trick and helps England seal Euro 2020 spot
- Prep SportsCould be fathers vs. daughters matchup at state volleyball
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Humble Kaburov leaves legacy at Hersey
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Huntley's Jakubowski captains Fox All-Area team
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Carmel's Tarcha floored 'em
- Prep SportsLake County Girls Volleyball All-Area Team
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Benet's Monson makes defense seem magical
- Prep SportsThe Northwest Suburbs' Girls Volleyball All-Area Team
- Prep FootballScouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Prep SportsThe DuPage County Girls Volleyball All-Area Team
- Prep SportsScouting state girls volleyball / Fremd vs. WW South
- Prep FootballScouting Class 6A quarterfinal between Cary-Grove and Prairie Ridge
- Girls' BasketballDon't miss our coverage of winter high school sports
- Prep FootballPODCAST: Tailgating with Dave and Kevin
- Prep SportsGirls swimming and diving: Barrington sectional field extremely competitive
- Prep FootballScouting Rolling Meadows at Wheaton Warrenville South