Fire breaks out at Aurora McDonald's
A blaze broke out around 4 p.m. at a McDonald's restaurant at 1023 N. Lake Street in Aurora while construction crews working on renovations, according to Aurora Fire Department Battalion Chief Jim Rhodes.
The fire was started when insulation caught fire while the workers were welding, according to authorities.
The construction crews were able to make it out of the building safely, Rhodes said.
Once fire crews arrived on the scene the blaze had quickly spread, Rhodes said.
Crews began attacking the fire from the outside because of the amount of fire and to keep firefighters safe, according to Rhodes.
Lake Street was closed in both directions between Indian Trail and Illinois Avenue while firefighters responded.
• This is a developing story. Check back later for updates at dailyherald.com.